Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Seems to just like collecting big signing on fees. 

Florentina must be mad - he will arrive - pocket that cash - and then look to get loaned back to france.

Not against footballers earning big money - but some people really take the piss.

Not quite sure how you've come to that. It didn't work out for him here, it doesn't mean it won't work out for him everywhere he goes. 

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Not quite sure how you've come to that. It didn't work out for him here, it doesn't mean it won't work out for him everywhere he goes. 

It was more in reference to him agreeing to a move to SE - than about face as Florentina came in (in the words of the SE chairman). He strikes me as a less talented Nicolas Anelka type of attitude.  Screw everyone as long as get my signing on fee.

Just now, hippo said:

It was more in reference to him agreeing to a move to SE - than about face as Florentina came in (in the words of the SE chairman). He strikes me as a less talented Nicolas Anelka type of attitude.  Screw everyone as long as get my signing on fee.

Well, maybe, not sure I agree. Playing for Fiorentina is a much better proposition than SE imo.

But maybe it is all about money, i'm not sure. 

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

So no deal done as yet with Fiorentina? Could it be that Veretout is only prepared to go to where he wants to go rather than to another club that has agreed a deal with us? :detect: I'm not sure that I would put that past him. 

Edited by John

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

First sevilla now st etienne. We seem to have a reputation as a soft touch prior to big tone coming. Happy to hear he is being ruthless. Xia is the man !

I wouldn't blame any club for thinking that either. The amount of top talent we've sold on the cheap to the first club to come in has been absurd. We'd still be a club in the top division if we got the right money for half the players we sold, or better yet have kept them with an owner that cared. I am glad Xia is finally instilling a bit of ruthlessness within the club with regards to business with other clubs. 

• Like 1

it's amazing how much Big Tone has changed us.

I mean. we actually received money (real money) for **** Ashley Westwood imagine that. Going off topic but that is the biggest robbery we will ever do. Actually receiving money for such a bland, perennial loser is absurd.

Sorry back on topic, shame if he goes - definitely a decent player in there, but we need to balance the books so if we have to sacrifice him so be it. I'd want as close to 7m as we can and big sell on %.

I can't help but think that the way money is just going so ridiculous that he could quite conceivably (if he picks up his form) be worth a hell of a lot of money over the next few years and we could be made to look like mugs again by letting him go on the cheap

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

I wouldn't blame any club for thinking that either. The amount of top talent we've sold on the cheap to the first club to come in has been absurd. We'd still be a club in the top division if we got the right money for half the players we sold, or better yet have kept them with an owner that cared. I am glad Xia is finally instilling a bit of ruthlessness within the club with regards to business with other clubs. 

I'm not sure how accurate this actually is. Perhaps it just feels this way cos we've been shit for so long.

We got top dollar for Benteke, Downing, Young, and Milner. 

15 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I'm not sure how accurate this actually is. Perhaps it just feels this way cos we've been shit for so long.

We got top dollar for Benteke, Downing, Young, and Milner. 

We got absolutely fleeced on Milner. I swear it's what caused MON to walk. We made about £6m profit on him and got saddled with Ireland for years. Ireland's wages alone reportedly cost us around the £7m mark over 3 years. It marks the start of the decline for me and should be spoken of in hush tones.

Back on topic though I just want to start seeing some players leave. If Veretout starts the clearout so be it. I like in his tweet how he shoulders the responsibility though and refutes the St Ettienne manager questioning Veretout's character. Lets hope something comes of it all.

• Like 2

Â