Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

39 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Fiorentina have Sanchez and Veretout in the middle of the park - this is when you know that English football sh*ts from a great height on european leagues.

Or that English clubs have more money than sense and buy players without having a plan for them.

And that some managers have a real trouble handling players who aren't English speaking chavs.

Sanchez was a rotation player for Viola, often used as CB. Doubt Veretout is brought in to be a leading player either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sounds like they have more money than sense.

Sure, being wasteful with money isn't isolated to English football.

It's just that it's done on a gargantuan scale here.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Fiorentina have Sanchez and Veretout in the middle of the park - this is when you know that English football sh*ts from a great height on european leagues.

I live in Spain and I've been impressed with La Liga beyond the obvious clubs. I'm not sure bashing the whole of European football based on Fiorentina's shitty signings makes much sense.

• Like 2

Just now, praisedmambo said:

I live in Spain and I've been impressed with La Liga beyond the obvious clubs. I'm not sure bashing the whole of European football based on Fiorentina's shitty signings makes much sense.

Hey! Since when have huge generalising statements laced with negativity been disallowed on here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's a completely different league played at a completely different pace. Sanchez already had a good year in Italy last year. I don't think it's possible to make any conclusions to be honest. 

i dont even think that cm partnership would get in our team let alone Fiorentina. If they have high aspirations for the season having these two as first choice will certainly not get them there

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

They have asked us to keep Gary Gardner until late January for them.

• Like 1

Sánchez predominantly gets used on the right side of a back 3 or 4 for Fiorentina.  Annoyingly, he looks quite capable in that position.  Veretout will probably be a replacement for Iličić, to rotate/compete with Saponara at the spearhead of a midfield 3 with Vecino and Badelj holding.

Pics/vids of him having his medical are up on Fiorentina's facebook.  Maybe Dr. X has insisted that as part of any future outgoing transfer, medicals must now be heavily publicised to avoid foul play. :D

image.thumb.png.e510529db847bb699430c022e4208a2f.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

I wonder if people in France said "Villa have signed Veretout and Ayew, this is when you know the French league shits from a great height on English leagues"

This is a statement made by people who barely watch any football outside of English football. Serie A is a very decent league. 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Wait a minute

1410446633920_Image_galleryImage_epa0439

Yup, the same Richards who barely played for them IIRC. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I wonder if people in France said "Villa have signed Veretout and Ayew, this is when you know the French league shits from a great height on English leagues"

This is a statement made by people who barely watch any football outside of English football. Serie A is a very decent league. 

Yup, the same Richards who barely played for them IIRC. 

My bad - UTF(iorentina)!

30 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

pwave.gif

I'm irrationally glad to see you.

We were talking in Off Topic about posters who just disappear, and the possibility of them having died.

I was thinking "I hope that didn't happen to gareth!"

Good to know you're alive and kicking

• Like 1

Your irrationality is most appreciated. :wub:

Aside from viciously face-planting at the local trampoline park 6 months ago and embarking on a muffin-fueled vision quest in Amsterdam at new year's, my health remains much the same.

• Like 2

Â