Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

In his first (and only, as it happens) season at the club he finished with the most assists in our team, despite only playing approx. half the games and struggling to settle in a new country.

Tim Sherwood completely ostracised him (apparently didn't bother talking to him either).  I don't particularly blame him for wanting out of the club.  It amuses me that football fans seem to think players owe the club and, at the same time, a club can do anything they like to the players.

He's a decent player and will do well enough elsewhere.  It's a shame that our club was so terrible at selling our foreign signings in, IMO.

TBF for £40k a week I'd be happy with some (light) back passage violation, let alone neglect from Tim Sherwood.

Shame it didn't work out, he's another on the list of foreign players with family troubles that got little to no help from the club. You can see why he might not be keen after that. We really shoudl have sorted this stuff out by now.

If we are never going to get the best out of him and he doesn't want to be here then it's best fro everyone he moves on. Shame though, I think he'll have a decent career.

• Like 3

Might have been able to do something, but pleased sold and for a decent(ish) amount as well. I like the mention of add ones as well. The Midfield is currently way over crowded and clearly doesn't want to be here. So bye bye! :wave:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/07/25/veretout-moves-to-fiorentina

Aston Villa can announce that Jordan Veretout has moved to Fiorentina.

Veretout joins the Serie A side on a permanent deal.

The 24-year-old will now link up with Viola under head coach Stefano Pioli.

Veretout, who joined us in July 2015 from French side Nantes, played 29 times in claret and blue.

All done. Tara a bit.

• Thanks 1

Was excited to see him arrive, and he did play pretty well on a couple of occasions, but it didn't work out and we clearly need the money and the squad space. 

I don't know the exact order of blame, between the player, Sherwood, Black, and any others who helped make his time here a failure, but I'm going to choose to place all the blame on Eric Black because he was a complete **** knob-head anyway. 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I guess I am the only one who thinks a little over £6m in today's market is pretty crap business.

Given what JV has shown for us, I think it's a good deal. Very, very occasionally shown something decent, but 98% of what he offered was weak in strength, quality and work rate. JV just might go on to prove his worth for another club but I'm confident he wouldn't have offered any value to our playing squad - certainly not worth the amount we're getting back for him.

42 minutes ago, brommy said:

Given what JV has shown for us, I think it's a good deal. Very, very occasionally shown something decent, but 98% of what he offered was weak in strength, quality and work rate. JV just might go on to prove his worth for another club but I'm confident he wouldn't have offered any value to our playing squad - certainly not worth the amount we're getting back for him.

29 games though, and in a really shit team and shit managers. Wasted on us and I think he will do well when away from the negatives here, 

I am always mildly surprised we ever get money from our players. A guess 5 million plus Whelan is decent business for the club. He was never coming back. I think he does have some ability- but going to Villa was totally the wrong move for him. Wish him well at his new club.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DK82 said:

29 games though, and in a really shit team and shit managers. Wasted on us and I think he will do well when away from the negatives here, 

He might do okay in other leagues but even given the circumstances at Villa, I don't think he would have amounted to much in the Championship or Premier League.

I agree with Trent's recent post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

It really doesn't matter if he was any good or not (personally I didn't see anything much to make me think he was) he made it very clear he didn't want to be here.

As I said, the club made it pretty clear they didn't want him here... pretty soon after he joined. I don't particularly blame him for wanting to be gone.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

As I said, the club made it pretty clear they didn't want him here... pretty soon after he joined. I don't particularly blame him for wanting to be gone.

Did they? How so, I can't recall that. Why on earth would the 'club' do that having just paid a lot of money for him and who do you mean by the club?

• Like 1

Â