Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I really dont see any problem with this deal, he hasnt shown anything for Villa and also he doesnt want to be here

another flop

I dont think anyone haa a problem with the deal its more ANOTHER loss on a player. Considering we spent 5m on tishbola how is it possible we have managed to recouprate less for a player who was playing in the CL last season?

For the first time under tony this is making me think our financial situation is becoming desperate hence why we are accwpting such low fees

4 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Pitiful fee if true but how much could we really expect for him? 6-8m perhaps? 

We need to reinvest in our attack, we're overloaded in central midfield.

Outside of Lyon, Marseille,PSG and Monaco no team in France is spending 7m on squad players unless someone can point out an example.

Little interest in him from English clubs, Leicester weren't exactly making an offer after missing out two years ago as they've moved up a level since then.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So a loss of 5.5m pathetic business villa. This shows to me we are desperate for cash so we don't get in trouble with ffp

We signed Amavi for 9m not him.

In any case I really doubt we paid the 7m in full due to the terrible season we had.

Is this really any worse than when we sold an England international like Vassell for 3m and then signed Baros for 6m?

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We signed Amavi for 9m not him.

In any case I really doubt we paid the 7m in full due to the terrible season we had.

Is this really any worse than when we sold an England international like Vassell for 3m and then signed Baros for 6m?

we paid 8-10m for veretout depending on what web page you wnat to believe. That represents a loss again for the club 

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Transfer fees between English clubs are always inflated with all the TV money (we overpayed on Tish btw considering he'd only played 20 senior games).

People don't realise that majority of clubs in the european leagues that don't qualify for CL or Europa are skint.

Really surprised at the reaction, I was only expecting 2-3m for him so quite happy with the price. If Amavi had gone we'd have got 15m for him, Veretout and Sanchez which in the circumstances is pretty good going.

Let's say aswell if he was earning 15k a week in France and we gave him 30-35k deal St Ettienne couldn't afford to pay back so we probably knocked down the transfer fee a bit to help them make up the difference.

Just to add to this I expect that whilst on loan last year we received a fee for that period which would mean the overall perceived loss is not that great, if anything.

If it helps, include the savings we'll make from not paying his wages. He had, what, another 3 years on his contract? That'll probably be a few million saved there. 

I'm sure he's not a poor player, I certainly don't think the non descript performances are all down to him. But considering the excitement that surrounded him when we signed him, for me he's one of biggest let downs in our transfer dealings (from quite a lengthy list).

• Like 1

The headline fee doesn't sound alot, but I guess a lot of it comes down to the fine print with this deal. If Veretout has asked to leave, which he did, then he may have foregone some bonuses and paying up of his contract, therefore saving us a chunk of wages and allowing us to accept a lower fee to get the deal done.

He has been a massive flop for us, and it is probably best for all parties that he moves on.

• Like 1

Of course his value went down. When we signed him he was full of potential. Young talented and could go on to play in any league in the world. Since we purchased him he has proven that he struggles to adapt mentally and physically to life out of France. The only way he retains or grows his valuation if is there is a possibility down the line that a club richer than ourselves would want to buy him. If he has narrowed his employment options down to just clubs in France and the French market does not have the money then he is only worth what that market will pay. We were in a tough spot with JV but the main point is that he didn't want to be here. I'm not going to hammer the club for not managing to get more money in the circumstances.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think anyone haa a problem with the deal its more ANOTHER loss on a player. Considering we spent 5m on tishbola how is it possible we have managed to recouprate less for a player who was playing in the CL last season?

For the first time under tony this is making me think our financial situation is becoming desperate hence why we are accwpting such low fees

You don't have to be great to play in the CL - look at some of the players in scotland who play CL games.

£4.5m is good business - I thought he would just have loan after loan until his contract runs down. I think he has shown that he can not or will not play anywhere outside france.  He can pick a good pass now and then, but is very slow, seems to fatigue very quickly. Sure we have made a loss - but it could have been worse. I predict he will do an 'Ayew' and disappear into nothingness. 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

You don't have to be great to play in the CL - look at some of the players in scotland who play CL games.

£4.5m is good business - I thought he would just have loan after loan until his contract runs down. I think he has shown that he can not or will not play anywhere outside france.  He can pick a good pass now and then, but is very slow, seems to fatigue very quickly. Sure we have made a loss - but it could have been worse. I predict he will do an 'Ayew' and disappear into nothingness. 

Agree , take the cash and move on , another one of the books and I didn't think we would get £4.5 either , I expected about £3m 

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

I would be more happy if there was future clauses inserted as i think he will do well there and move on to better later on his career. He is still fairly young.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So a loss of 5.5m pathetic business villa. This shows to me we are desperate for cash so we don't get in trouble with ffp

It shows me that we are forced to take a loss on a terrible signing who doesn't want to live in England. The only person to blame is the person who brought him to the club in the first place.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

It shows me that we are forced to take a loss on a terrible signing who doesn't want to live in England. The only person to blame is the person who brought him to the club in the first place.

Image result for tim sherwood

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Aston-Villas-Tim-Sherwood-with-Paddy-Ril

Jordan Veretout will move to St Etienne for £5m rising with add-ons to £7m - the same amount he cost Villa two years ago from Nantes. There's also a significant sell-on fee if Veretout leaves St Etienne.

This is according to Pat Murphy - which seems OK to me. We took a chance on a player, who didn't step up.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Jordan Veretout will move to St Etienne for £5m rising with add-ons to £7m - the same amount he cost Villa two years ago from Nantes. There's also a significant sell-on fee if Veretout leaves St Etienne.

This is according to Pat Murphy - which seems OK to me. We took a chance on a player, who didn't step up.

OK this makes the deal a lot better for me :) 

Â