Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

During his season with us, there were hints and snippets that there was unrest between the senior English players, and the French players. Add to this a manager who wouldn't put you on the pitch, and it would make an uncomfortable place to be a footballer. It seemed a case of the lunatics running the asylum, and we needed leadership on and off the pitch to resolve any crap that was effecting the team and the dressing room mood. We clearly lacked leadership then, and performances that season showed that. The task was probably beyond that of Micah and Gabby, who were quite possibly a major part of the problem.

Two seasons later, he should notice the change, and hopefully it feels like he is moving into a new club. We have an owner that cares, a fair manager, and the dressing room is full of "sheriffs" ( Jed, Terry, Chester), who will nip any BS in the bud.

I hope he stays, he gives the club a fair chance, and vice versa.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If we play with a higher line, focus on keeping the ball in the oppositions half, and press the opposition aggressively when we don't have the ball, then Jedinak won't be that necessarily to anything IMO.

Jedinak holds us together not only defensively but physically and psychologically. He's the closest thing we've had to a core in midfield since Milner and Barry left. He's vital to us and replacing him when it does happen will be a lot harder than people think.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 3

I think Veretout is a decent player, but my worry is his presence is damaging to the team, or more specifically to Hourihane and/or Lansbury, as I suspect he'll still leave before the transfer window ends.

54 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I think Veretout is a decent player, but my worry is his presence is damaging to the team, or more specifically to Hourihane and/or Lansbury, as I suspect he'll still leave before the transfer window ends.

Only my opinion, of course, but he looked better than either in the pre season games.

56 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Only my opinion, of course, but he looked better than either in the pre season games.

Absolutely, and I'd sure keep him around, but I just think he fancies a move.

• Like 2

Does he speak english yet? I know he managed to go the whole first season with us without learning the language. Amavi had to translate for him and Amavi also was in his first season with us.

English is tough, but it really helps a player get settled when they speak the language of the country. 

This club really is a shambles

If the above fee is true were just giving away our best players i can't wait to see Whelan tearing it up for us.

Promotion looking less and less likely by the hour

Edited by AshVilla

Didn't we approach the current St. Etiennne manager and he turned us down at the time funnily enough.

Also, the reaction to the "transfer fee" is a bit early since 1. It hasn't been confirmed, and 2. We don't know what conditions, clauses etc it contains.

Â