Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

On 7/18/2017 at 18:30, MyLord said:

If he is sold as reported, I'll be gutted for two reasons...

1 - We're letting one of our more "valuable" assets leave for roughly half of what we paid for him

2 - We never got the most rolling-off-the-tongue of syllable-fitting chants going;

You're just too good Veretout,

Can't take our eyes off of you,

You've got a heavenly touch...

Thing is if the next line is, "I wanna hold you so much" then it's a bit ghey.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Funny that. Two decent teams squabbling over him, and we cannot wait to get rid.

Lets see if the florientia link comes to anything - and if it does how well he does for them.  

I suspect he will sign for SE and drop of the radar

Just now, villan-scott said:

Wouldn't be ironic if Sanchez and Veretout link up perfectly at Fiorentina and dominate the midfield. 

Good luck to him. He's never done enough for us to miss him, but definitely a case of 'Oh what could have been'. 

Yup - we could have lost the whole £8m

25 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Wouldn't be ironic if Sanchez and Veretout link up perfectly at Fiorentina and dominate the midfield. 

Good luck to him. He's never done enough for us to miss him, but definitely a case of 'Oh what could have been'. 

cant se eit myself, them two were a shambles in english football 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Buying your midfield from Aston Villa is a sure fire recipe for success!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just don't like the guy. He's done nothing for us, he's shown he's not willing to fight when we got relegated, he promises stuff to SE then tries to move to Fiorentina. Didn't he join us in less than gentlemanly conduct too? Or am I mixing him up with someone else? Either way, he just doesn't come across as a man of his word/professional.

He's quite obviously full of the arrogant self confidence but has done NOTHING to earn it. I'm glad he's going and just hope Fiorentina don't pull the plug seeing how he's dealt with other teams.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

cant se eit myself, them two were a shambles in english football 

so was Borja Valero and he thrived in Spain and Italy. earned himself a move to Inter now. slower tempo could bring out best in them

13 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I just don't like the guy. He's done nothing for us, he's shown he's not willing to fight when we got relegated, he promises stuff to SE then tries to move to Fiorentina. Didn't he join us in less than gentlemanly conduct too? Or am I mixing him up with someone else? Either way, he just doesn't come across as a man of his word/professional.

He's quite obviously full of the arrogant self confidence but has done NOTHING to earn it. I'm glad he's going and just hope Fiorentina don't pull the plug seeing how he's dealt with other teams.

He played with Pogba he will have you know.

On 19/07/2017 at 20:52, OutByEaster? said:

I'd take Veretout over Whelan. I guess we'll see, but as a signal of the direction we're heading, this one doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence.

Agreed.

Though, am I right in thinknig that Fiorentina will have Veretout and Sanchez in their midfield next year?

I hope they sign Carlos Gil too. :D 

Seems to just like collecting big signing on fees. 

Florentina must be mad - he will arrive - pocket that cash - and then look to get loaned back to france.

Not against footballers earning big money - but some people really take the piss.

Edited by hippo

Â