Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

F**k him. Saw a fair glimpses but generally he was just a better version of Westwood.  Had his chance in top flight of English football and couldn't even sort his fitness out. 

He is not the answer for us.

• Like 1

Tbh something needs to change in the midfield, and I doubt he is the answer!

If he has to be sold to bring in someone who can get this midfield to tick then I'm all for it!

• Like 3

What was the point in playing him last couple of games? Could have given match fitness time to someone who actually needed or deserved it

If he is sold as reported, I'll be gutted for two reasons...

1 - We're letting one of our more "valuable" assets leave for roughly half of what we paid for him

2 - We never got the most rolling-off-the-tongue of syllable-fitting chants going;

You're just too good Veretout,

Can't take our eyes off of you,

You've got a heavenly touch...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MyLord said:

If he is sold as reported, I'll be gutted for two reasons...

1 - We're letting one of our more "valuable" assets leave for roughly half of what we paid for him

2 - We never got the most rolling-off-the-tongue of syllable-fitting chants going;

You're just too good Veretout,

Can't take our eyes off of you,

You've got a heavenly touch...

Point 1. Oh well, not our money. 

Point 2. Gutted! :(

If this is true really, really disappointed to see him go but maybe he just didn't want to stay despite the new setup.

Agree with others that the mooted fee is on the low side.

16 minutes ago, Junxs said:

What was the point in playing him last couple of games? Could have given match fitness time to someone who actually needed or deserved it

To show that we were willing to keep him.  Probablygot another grand out of it....suckers!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

£4.5mil, not my money. Would have mattered under Lerner, or if we were a team like Sunderland, but we aren't

£4.5mil more than we have gotten for a lot of our rejects over the last few years, who we've had to give away for free and contribute to their wages after they're gone.

Also better than loaning him out and being in the same position for a 3rd time next season. 

I'd have liked to have seen him stay and prove himself but ultimately it looks as though he doesn't want to play in this country, let alone this division. If he wants to be in France, we can't offer that. Let him go and bring in someone who wants to be here. 

• Like 1

I think the general consensus is we want him to stay. He has shown well in preseason, and he is much better than the likes of Gardner, Tshibola, and probably even better than our regular starting mids. 

• Like 3

He's done the square root of absolutely nothing since he's been here. Where this one of our better players thing comes from is beyond me.

Has more than 3 times declared his absolute disgust at being here.

When all you can do is beg and negotiate low with a run of the mil french side to get rid of him that's all you need to know.

The previous regime over paid and under scouted this bang average player.

Good frigging riddance. Anyone who has a single bad thing to say about the current board, or manager concerning Vertout hasn't been paying attention.

• Like 3

He's done the square root of absolutely nothing since he's been here. Where this one of our better players thing comes from is beyond me.

Has more than 3 times declared his absolute disgust at being here.

When all you can do is beg and negotiate low with a run of the mil french side to get rid of him that's all you need to know.

The previous regime over paid and under scouted this bang average player.

Good frigging riddance. Anyone who has a single bad thing to say about the current board, or manager concerning Vertout hasn't been paying attention.

Â