Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

24 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Did they? How so, I can't recall that. Why on earth would the 'club' do that having just paid a lot of money for him and who do you mean by the club?

Well, Timmy of the Sherwood. Unlikely the entire football club. 

I feel sorry for him personally that he (allegely) turned down Leicester and joined us, relegation instead of champion.

The few times I saw him play I didn't see anything special in him, he was good at passing the ball quickly to the nearest player and was fairly good at set pieces, but that was it. It looked like he didn't quite cope with the tempo, looked slow and a bit weak. I think he was in the same mould as Westwood, but can't say he was better. Would actually prefer Westwood to Veretout.

I think having a foreign player, not speaking the language, who doesn't show any great interest of wanting to be at the club creates a bad atmosphere, so I'm glad he has left.

In a league with slower tempo as the serie a he will probably do alright. Have fun and bye bye! 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Then that's old news. He went, new managers came and in some cases went and a new owner, he still didn't want to be here.

Sherwood was here for about 10 games as well. He had a more welcoming French manager for double that amount of games.

People making excuses for him when he had no interest to be here and dont think that big of a loss since he offered us nothing

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Did they? How so, I can't recall that. Why on earth would the 'club' do that having just paid a lot of money for him and who do you mean by the club?

Veretout felt uncomfortable with the wag things were. There is a bullying culture in our country, which probably doesn't exist in France.

38 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Veretout felt uncomfortable with the wag things were. There is a bullying culture in our country, which probably doesn't exist in France.

I agree the wag thing has got out of hand, especially when they come on the pitch at the end of the season...

Is there any actual basis at all to the rest of this post? 

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

There is a bullying culture in our country, which probably doesn't exist in France.

In what way?

Dosen't it all stem from that xmas video when Richards gave Gabby a French dictionary and they had a hysterical laugh about it which suggest the senior players in the squad weren't hugely welcoming towards the French guys.

I wouldn't say Veretout would feel isolated though, yes he was struggling to settle and couldn't speak the language but they were plenty of french speakers at the club including Eric Black (who ironically axed him from the squad).

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I agree the wag thing has got out of hand, especially when they come on the pitch at the end of the season...

Is there any actual basis at all to the rest of this post? 

What sort of evidence is required? Are only certain people allowed to hear things and be told things? As somebody who has suggested things before, you know the deal.

8 minutes ago, DK82 said:

What sort of evidence is required? Are only certain people allowed to hear things and be told things? As somebody who has suggested things before, you know the deal.

You posted something that was clearly more than your opinion, you posted as being statement of fact. I thought perhaps you might have seen something somewhere thT I hadn't, an interview, tweet or article but clearly that isn't the case.

Quite how I'm supposed to know you are referencing some ITK source I'm not quite sure given you've no track record I'm aware of for making such claims or having such info. I'm not a mind reader.

I don't though believe he left because of a bullying culture.

54 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The transfer business this club did in 2015 was nothing short of embarrassing and disgraceful. Literally every one them was complete shite for us.

Probably our worst transfer window ever

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

You posted something that was clearly more than your opinion, you posted as being statement of fact. I thought perhaps you might have seen something somewhere thT I hadn't, an interview, tweet or article but clearly that isn't the case.

Quite how I'm supposed to know you are referencing some ITK source I'm not quite sure given you've no track record I'm aware of for making such claims or having such info. I'm not a mind reader.

I don't though believe he left because of a bullying culture.

Fair enough mate. My apologies for not being clearer. 

Â