Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A few days ago the club was apparently a disgrace and a joke because we sold him 4.5m. 

I love this site :)

Then it was revealed it was 4.5m with add ons and significant sell on fee then if you go ack everyone was more happy. But if it's 6-7m up front that's great for us. We don't need to spend that money and also looks like we are abinding to FFP rules.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Then it was revealed it was 4.5m with add ons and significant sell on fee then if you go ack everyone was more happy. But if it's 6-7m up front that's great for us. We don't need to spend that money and also looks like we are abinding to FFP rules.

I know I'm just laughing at the extremes in reactions. It's an emotional game. To keep on topic it does sound like we don't need to sell him and would have welcomed him to stay but the player wants to leave so we are making sure get good price for him. Can't ask for more from the club. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

We got absolutely fleeced on Milner. I swear it's what caused MON to walk. We made about £6m profit on him and got saddled with Ireland for years. Ireland's wages alone reportedly cost us around the £7m mark over 3 years. It marks the start of the decline for me and should be spoken of in hush tones.

Back on topic though I just want to start seeing some players leave. If Veretout starts the clearout so be it. I like in his tweet how he shoulders the responsibility though and refutes the St Ettienne manager questioning Veretout's character. Lets hope something comes of it all.

Wages shouldn't be used when taking into account the cost of transfers... it's not like Milner wasn't being paid...

• Like 1

On 7/22/2017 at 13:18, mikeyp102 said:

Wages shouldn't be used when taking into account the cost of transfers... it's not like Milner wasn't being paid...

Well I was going to point out it was spent on Jean Il Makoun but I didn't want to be too harsh ;)

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Has he sodded off to some European team or another yet? Wish he'd just go and be done with it.

He's like the relative you like, but just always overstays their welcome at your house during Christmas.

Looking forward to drawing a line under this. He symbolises our relegation season in my eyes.

7 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

He's like the relative you like, but just always overstays their welcome at your house during Christmas.

Looking forward to drawing a line under this. He symbolises our relegation season in my eyes.

He's like Uncle Bert, still hanging around on 2nd January.

I've nothing against him personally. I even think he's not a bad player that could help us out this year... but his hearts not in it so he just needs to go now.

8 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

And complains about the food, and the heat while they are at it.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Fiorentina have Sanchez and Veretout in the middle of the park - this is when you know that English football sh*ts from a great height on european leagues.

God help them if thats the cm they are going with. It failed here and it will fail there. 7m great deal for us 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

God help them if thats the cm they are going with. It failed here and it will fail there. 7m great deal for us 

It's a completely different league played at a completely different pace. Sanchez already had a good year in Italy last year. I don't think it's possible to make any conclusions to be honest. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's a completely different league played at a completely different pace. Sanchez already had a good year in Italy last year. I don't think it's possible to make any conclusions to be honest. 

Wait a minute

1410446633920_Image_galleryImage_epa0439

• Like 4

Â