Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

They very quickly close you down in this league and get in your face.

You need to be a certain kind of player who can deal with that.....I'm not sure Jordan is, I think he likes space and freedom to play......this lot in the championship don't let you have it.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

They very quickly close you down in this league and get in your face.

You need to be a certain kind of player who can deal with that.....I'm not sure Jordan is, I think he likes space and freedom to play......this lot in the championship don't let you have it.

With a more dynamic and forward thinking midfield with Hourihane and Lansbury I think he'd be fine. Last season we were devoid of forward runs giving Veretout little to work with. I could easily be wrong but I think he'd be good with the likes of Green, Adomah and Hogan making runs. 

• Like 3

It's a squad game and we will need another body in central midfield for sure. 

It's either him or somebody else. I'll leave it up to the manager, but I'm not going to be instantly wooed by a couple of YouTube clips. Call it the Tonev effect. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

was a decent goal but I never seen him once show that desire or talent when at Villa. 

He smiles as well in that clip which is also something I never saw him do at Villa...

Just now, Bunnski said:

He smiles as well in that clip which is also something I never saw him do at Villa...

Not much to smile about at Villa last season for him or anyone else :):(

Except the weekly paycheck that is.

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sherwood played him in 6 out of his 11 games he managed him for. Has it been proven that Sherwood didnt like him or is it wild speculation

All I can find is that he was lucky Garde came along as manager (well at least somebody thought that :P) 

Not sure about actual proof but I think there were articles last year that implied it. Also pretty sure that Timmy played him on the wing when he did play him and he was mostly ineffectual. 

I like Veretout a lot, was just as disappointed he left along with Gana. Central midfield options of Veretout, Hourihane and Lansbury would be bloody fantastic for the Championship. 

• Like 1

• 31Bunn
  • 21Hutton 24Sánchez 2Baker 18Richardson
  •                           17Veretout 
  •  
  •             25Gil 40Grealish 20Traoré
  •                     19J Ayew9Sinclair

This is the line up from Notts, the first time I watched Veretout. Seemed like a massive F U to me.

14 hours ago, Wezbid said:

With a more dynamic and forward thinking midfield with Hourihane and Lansbury I think he'd be fine. Last season we were devoid of forward runs giving Veretout little to work with. I could easily be wrong but I think he'd be good with the likes of Green, Adomah and Hogan making runs. 

But they are attacking midfield players.....where would he play?

The balance would be disrupted with 3 attacking midfielders.

the prospect does not appeal to me.....unless of course he can be persuaded to just enter the squad.

I think he would expect a first team berth.....I think that would render us lightweight once again.

i do think at times we see a player score a goal and go into orgasm.in the case of a midfielder, I prefer to see their 90 odd minutes and then cast my view.

If we are to have any chance of promotion next season we need a squad of competent players competing for a starting spot so we don't have to resort to playing defenders in attacking positions or midfielders as defenders. 

Or change formation every time we get an injury.

If Veretout want's to come back is anyone's guess (I can't see why he would personally) but this surely must fall under the "I trust the manager whatever he decides to do" category.

We need at least one more quality midfielder + a rotation player for Jedi so IF he want's to come back I think it would be a good option and would save us some money.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He won't sit around and be a squad player here.

I dont think he would be!

There is no way Jedinak can play all the games...especially as he could be moved back. Thus there will be an extra place in minfield should we play the current system.

He is definately good enough to hold down this place over the like of Thor and Gardner.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Farlz said:

I like Veretout a lot, was just as disappointed he left along with Gana. Central midfield options of Veretout, Hourihane and Lansbury would be bloody fantastic for the Championship. 

i dont...i thought the pair of them were crap, and had roles to play in the worst ever season in villa history where all the wrong records were broken

at times last season there were numerous calls to bring on veretout, only for us to remember why he never plays.

Â