Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Veretout may be very good  at this level for us - interesting if he does come back - there is a player in there but I think he'd probably prefer to stay in France.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Presumably he's posting this because it might actually happen?

Can't see why he would say it otherwise, though who knows really. 

He'd be a good player in this league. Far superior to Gardner anyway.

Well Bruce has actually watched him a few times this season in person according to reports.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well Bruce has actually watched him a few times this season in person according to reports.

I found it interesting that when Wyness talked about loan players in that Mail interview, he only actually mentioned Gil and Veretout by name. Gil we know doesn't want to come back, but maybe Veretout has been on his mind. 

Time will tell I guess. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I found it interesting that when Wyness talked about loan players in that Mail interview, he only actually mentioned Gil and Veretout by name. Gil we know doesn't want to come back, but maybe Veretout has been on his mind. 

Time will tell I guess. 

If we get rid of say Gardner, Tish etc it could also save us some money bringing him back.

As you said time will tell, got no clue if he would even entertain being here. lol

He did score today so maybe thats what Xia meant. a tongue in cheek comment

though 3 goals and 3 assists in a top 8 team really isnt that impressive

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He did score today so maybe thats what Xia meant. a tongue in cheek comment

though 3 goals and 3 assists in a top 8 team really isnt that impressive

Playing regularly for a top 8 team is though. 3 goals and 3 assists is a bonus. Better than most of the current crop can manage

• Like 4

On 25/02/2017 at 01:51, Czechlad said:

Very true. Sad thing is, I don't think we ever tried those three in midfield. Typically it was Westwood, Sanchez, Gueye, Bacuna, and even Richardson. Sadly Veretout was always pushed out wing as a winger for some reason.  

Because Timmy didn't like him, so Timmy alienated him to prove his point.

Veretout was messed around and mis managed before he even pulled on his boots and tied his laces. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Time will tell I guess. 

If he has any slight interest in coming back and playing, I would hope our club is capable of showing him that everything has changed and he would be treated fairer and played more often. He might come back.

I know I'm bias, I really like him as player and rate him.

My FIFA and FM saves prove it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Because Timmy didn't like him, so Timmy alienated him to prove his point.

Veretout was messed around and mis managed before he even pulled on his boots and tied his laces. 

Sherwood played him in 6 out of his 11 games he managed him for. Has it been proven that Sherwood didnt like him or is it wild speculation

All I can find is that he was lucky Garde came along as manager (well at least somebody thought that :P) 

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we get rid of say Gardner, Tish etc it could also save us some money bringing him back.

As you said time will tell, got no clue if he would even entertain being here. lol

He is under contract to villa and we pay his wages so if we want him back I'd say we have a strong case.

• Like 2

He would be an excellent addition in this league coming into a squad doing well and playing with confidence.

we definately need additions to our midfield squad so it would make sense financially too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

JV will go if someone wants to pay the fee, cannot see Tony accepting a loss. 

What about the loss to VillaTalk? He's a great poster. 

Apart from in the Gabby thread when his mind just turns to mush :trollface:

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

What about the loss to VillaTalk? He's a great poster. 

Apart from in the Gabby thread when his mind just turns to mush :trollface:

I like his posts too, but if another forum offered more, then its his decision if he decides to walk.

Tony can only do so much.

• Like 3

Â