Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

On 1/19/2017 at 04:06, bannedfromHandV said:

"that potential"

Really? Wow, don't know what could have possibly given that away, maybe it was the x amount of international caps or the fact he was signing from Milan....who knows?!

Please enlighten us on the next unfound gem you can recommend, I've heard that Luis Suarez guy has some serious potential......maybe we should launch a bid for him!?

No, it was his eyes and facial structure actually. Then his movement, body language, size, awareness and positional sense when I first saw him play.

Speaking of Louis Suarez, I picked him also as a player with the same potential when he first signed for Liverpool after seeing a 10 second clip of him scoring his first or one of his first goals there. I never heard of him or knew anything about him. I picked Alexis Sanchez as well as another player with that potential on the day he signed for Arsenal. I was aware he was highly rated but knew very little about him. It was based mainly on his photo and possibly an international match I saw him play for Chile around that time. 

Too high profile for you? Cahill, Davis, Agbonlahor, Albrighton and Clark are players who came through our Academy who I always rated highly and saw as having the potential to make it in the Premier League. I rated Daniel Johnson as well and thought Ridgewell was better than he was ever given credit for on here. Players I never rated - Luke Moore, Whittingham, Bannan, Delfouneso, Osbourne and Robinson. I've always been 50/50 about Baker and never been fully convinced by Jack Grealish. I picked these all very early on.

Edited by Michael118

On 1/19/2017 at 05:47, av1 said:

I apologise if I'm missing a joke, or my sarcasm detector is off today, but you're post's do sometimes take some working out. 

Are you seriously saying that you knew Laursen would be a good player purely from his photo?

It was a long time ago but I remember looking at his photo and thinking 'this will be a good signing'. I had the same thoughts about Traore last season and to a lesser extent Gueye and Amavi. On the other hand I had almost the opposite impression of Gestede and Ayew when I saw their photos.

I would say it's an initial impression but there seems to be a link between that initial impression and how much I go on to rate them when I see them play. I am still exploring it to be honest but I am finding it really interesting.

27 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I think you're the only one though tbf. ;)

On the contrary, I find it fascinating. 

I've been trying to work out the weird method that @Michael118 uses to evaluate players for months. My initial guesses were:

1) Nominative determinism, ie he seemed to rate players with more 'interesting' or unusual names, and

2) Over-rating players who 'burst onto the scene' in some way (Gil - some good early performances, Kozak - a decent goal return before his injury, Sellars - scored a hattrick in a preseason friendly) and then not re-evaluating in the face of new evidence

I didn't guess it was all about face shape. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

I remember seeing a photo last season of the Ayew brothers together before I saw either of them play and thinking 'we picked the wrong Ayew'.

I remember seeing a picture of Cameron Diaz and thinking 'I'd deffo do Cameron in Diaz', didn't happen though. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

No, it was his eyes and facial structure actually. Then his movement, body language, size, awareness and positional sense when I first saw him play.

Speaking of Louis Suarez, I picked him also as a player with the same potential when he first signed for Liverpool after seeing a 10 second clip of him scoring his first or one of his first goals there. I never heard of him or knew anything about him. I picked Alexis Sanchez as well as another player with that potential on the day he signed for Arsenal. I was aware he was highly rated but knew very little about him. It was based mainly on his photo and possibly an international match I saw him play for Chile around that time. 

Too high profile for you? Cahill, Davis, Agbonlahor, Albrighton and Clark are players who came through our Academy who I always rated highly and saw as having the potential to make it in the Premier League. I rated Daniel Johnson as well and thought Ridgewell was better than he was ever given credit for on here. Players I never rated - Luke Moore, Whittingham, Bannan, Delfouneso, Osbourne and Robinson. I've always been 50/50 about Baker and never been fully convinced by Jack Grealish. I picked these all very early on.

Sometimes I just look at the posters name and know that what he writes is going be a complete load of bollox

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've been trying to work out the weird method that @Michael118 uses to evaluate players for months. My initial guesses were:

1) Nominative determinism, ie he seemed to rate players with more 'interesting' or unusual names, and

2) Over-rating players who 'burst onto the scene' in some way (Gil - some good early performances, Kozak - a decent goal return before his injury, Sellars - scored a hattrick in a preseason friendly) and then not re-evaluating in the face of new evidence

I think when someone performs like utter dogshit on the pitch - its a refusal to accept that - your mind then flips - and because you beleive no one can be so poor - you convince yourself that actually there must be hidden talent.

But in reality when someone is utter dogshit - thats all they have.

It also explains why some people continue rate Remi Garde - 'nobody could be that clueless / "  - "erm actually he was"  

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Saying it's all about face shape is an extremely narrow way of looking at it.

Basically we are all made up of energy and however that energy is distributed throughout a person's body shows to an extent on a person's face. Also in their body language, movement, behaviour etc. How it's distributed and how much of that energy we have also determines how much potential we have in areas we are passionate about.

I have done a lot of healing on myself energetically and am really aware of the different places we can be at energetically and what is possible from being in those places. Everybody can change their energy but most people haven't tried or are not even aware it's possible.

I also don't look for specific characteristics, I just get an overall feel of what is possible when I focus in on a photo or observe a player's movement, body language etc.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm fairly sure that's how Glenn Hoddle used to pick the England team. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Basically we are all made up of energy and however that energy is distributed throughout a person's body shows to an extent on a person's face. Also in their body language, movement, behaviour etc. How it's distributed and how much of that energy we have also determines how much potential we have in areas we are passionate about.

I have done a lot of healing on myself energetically and am really aware of the different places we can be at energetically and what is possible from being in those places. Everybody can change their energy but most people haven't tried or are not even aware it's possible.

I also don't look for specific characteristics, I just get an overall feel of what is possible when I focus in on a photo or observe a player's movement, body language etc.

May the Force be with you pal!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I healed myself this morning too, put some voltarol on my dodgy elbow - is that the same thing?

• Like 1

Â