Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I saw an article that referred to him as influential.

funny.

^ I think they mis-spelt ineffective, that's what happens when you type the article on your phone and don't check what the auto correct is doing.

Edited by TheStagMan

We always thought this was a strong possibility, so I am not overly upset as I had kind of accepted that it would happen at some point this summer. The current owner is unfortunately suffering the buffoonery of the previous chap.

Edited by NeilS

Oh well, I just hope we get it done quickly, can Tshibola step up? Can anyone think of any realistic/better replacements we could bring in? Or should we go for a different type of midfielder altogether now?

Just now, Wainy316 said:

It's no big loss, would have been nice to have recouped what we paid but meh.

The reason it MIGHT be a big loss is because it seems RDM had him in his plans, and as such was setting up teams, strategy etc around him. Hopefully we have contingency plans for replacements and strategies etc. Would have rather kept him, but in fairness from the moment he got here he straight up said we were a stepping stone.

Get rid of anyone who really doesn't want to be here. We got 17 points last season and attitude within the squad was a big part in that embarrassment. Gana did nothing to make us a better team and if he wants out then I'm happy to see him go. 

Certainly not going to get upset about players as average as Gana leaving this club. 

Not overly bothered about this one.

Although it is amusing to think had he torn up trees and we were comfortably midtable, raising his value to £20M+ there would still be a release clause for less than we bought him for.

Whoever had that bright idea needs shooting.

3 minutes ago, jonno_2004 said:

Not overly bothered about this one.

Although it is amusing to think had he torn up trees and we were comfortably midtable, raising his value to £20M+ there would still be a release clause for less than we bought him for.

This probably isn't true. I'd assume that it's a clause linked to our relegation and that the clause would be higher or not exist if we had stayed up. It's been put in by the player and his agent to mitigate against the risk of relegation and give him an easier way out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jonno_2004 said:

I would be confident in saying the release for 7.1 mill was based on us being relegated.

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't even know who he is.  That's how little attention I paid last year.

Is he any good? :lol: 

Nope.

Well, he might just about be very distinctly average but given how poor our squad was last year that means he's been overrated a fair bit by some people. He won't be a loss at all.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I would be confident in saying the release for 7.1 mill was based on us being relegated.

I think actually relegation clauses work both ways dont they. 

"In the event of relegation for not more than one season then the negotiated basic salary of Mr XXX will be capped at no more than £XXXXX.  In such circumstances the fee to be accepted for negotiation of a contract exchange will then be set at a maximum of £XXXXX,  this being the last fee less amount amortised at the point of relegation.  Once this fee is met then the terms as laid out in clause XX will be deemed to have been automatically activated

Clause XX - In the event of a negotiated fee being received for the transfer of contract"

Or some such wording.  So a relegation clause to affect salary could also cover the amount required to activate a discussion between player and buying club.

• Like 2

Apparently Gueye was also the best of a bad bunch according to some Everton fans. I've heard that for a lot of our players being linked away now so God knows how we got relegated :blink: :rolleyes:

Really really wouldn't miss this guy at all. Let's get rid and move on...

Â