Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Are we not a little short in CM though given Sanchez and Veretout are pretty much out of the door as it stands aswell?

We have Tshibola, Gardner, Lyden and who else....

Westwood. Not sure how much more confident that makes you feel though :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

It's still very short really....Westwood has never actually played any games at championship level.

As it stands Gary Gardner is our most experienced championship central midfielder, we need another two in that position imo. Replacement for Gana and another to cover Sanchez or Veretout leaving (think one of them will end up staying). Think I'd rather Sanchez stayed as at least he's a DM whereas Veretout is more attacking and we have others who can fill that role.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Are we not a little short in CM though given Sanchez and Veretout are pretty much out of the door as it stands aswell?

We have Tshibola, Gardner, Lyden and who else....certainly rules out playing 4-3-3 in the short term I think unless we push Grealish as a third central midfielder in the number 10 but that would be very lightweight I think.

Like Trent and others I don't think Gana is that huge a loss but we certainly need some central midfielders in the next few weeks.

I agree.

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If Sanchez and Veretout both go I make it Bacuna and probably Clark is our most experienced midfielder after Westwood 

26532673.jpg

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's still very short really....Westwood has never actually played any games at championship level.

As it stands Gary Gardner is our most experienced championship central midfielder, we need another two in that position imo. Replacement for Gana and another to cover Sanchez or Veretout leaving (think one of them will end up staying). Think I'd rather Sanchez stayed as at least he's a DM whereas Veretout is more attacking and we have others who can fill that role.

I think if Gana and one of Veretout or Sanchez goes then for me we could get a way with one assuming Gary Gardner has a big part to play this season.

Last season we had Gana, Westwood, Veretout, Sanchez as the main centre mids. If Gana and Veretout were to go we would have Tshibola, Westwood and Gardner so for me would need one more to be no worse off numbers wise. 

Personally I have no problem with all four centre mids from last season being moved on and us starting a complete fresh. That area of the pitch couldn't be any worse than it was last season.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Bacuna will play first match aswell I reckon, it's already looking a bit of a car crash introduction to life in the championship.

Unless he scores a brace and sets up another 2 goals in a MOTM 4-0 win.

Villa fans start singing ' Bacuna is champions league' and pegions start pooping pound coins.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bacuna will play first match aswell I reckon, it's already looking a bit of a car crash introduction to life in the championship.

can imagine Bannan dribbling around him that one time he actually finds his midfield position, bannan will look like one of Harlem Globetrotters (though not in height :P )

Edited by Zatman

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

with Gardner injury problems I would hope for 2 more bodies in midfield, though maybe 1 if Lyden is ready to step up

Gardner has pretty good fitness record at the clubs he's been at on loan, played plenty of games over last two seasons so must be cursed on the pitches at Bodymoor.

Having a midfield consisting almost only of young(ish) players we hope all can step up to the challenge (Grealish, Adama, Gardner, Lyden, Tish, Veretout would be incredibly foolish and reckless.

Our senior somewhat experienced midfielders being Sanchez and Westwood makes it even worse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Having a midfield consisting almost only of young(ish) players we hope all can step up to the challenge (Grealish, Adama, Gardner, Lyden, Tish, Veretout would be incredibly foolish and reckless.

Our senior somewhat experienced midfielders being Sanchez and Westwood makes it even worse.

You think Gana makes much difference?

Gardner was excellent for forest last year as was Tshibola before his injury. I would imagine we will sign another cm as well. 

• Like 1

Â