Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

You think Gana makes much difference?

Gardner was excellent for forest last year as was Tshibola before his injury. I would imagine we will sign another cm as well. 

Well I didn't watch any of them last season so I can't judge how they fared, what did they bring to their respective midfields?

As for Gana he certainly wasn't great, but unlike any of our other CM's he has an actual thing he's good at.

Not that losing him will make much difference on the current squads chances of promotion. 

Bang average, with no discernible feature other than apparently descent stats which frankly never transposed to meaningful or effective performances.

As already pointed out, may do better in a better side, but he is no Delph. No drive, thrust or shot.

I am concerned at relying on youngsters though, it will be a very inconsistent season with a midfield of kids, these are no Man Utd wonder kids.

17 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

interestingly, if you look at that whole tweet on twitter, it shows the location as tweeted from the Wirral.   Which is near where Everton are located.

I wonder if he's been in talks with Everton today, and talks have just finished with no agreement.  so he's then tweeted that.

Edited by ender4

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Well I didn't watch any of them last season so I can't judge how they fared, what did they bring to their respective midfields?

As for Gana he certainly wasn't great, but unlike any of our other CM's he has an actual thing he's good at.

Not that losing him will make much difference on the current squads chances of promotion. 

Reports said that Gardner was excellent at holding and allowing attacking players to push on, he also scored a couple of quality goals. Reading fans said that Tshibola was a powerhouse bringing physicality in the middle. 

Gana makes interceptions and is an average passer and offers zero threat at goal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think Gana is as good as Nigel reo Coker was. Pretty average

Can't agree, had a little affection for NRC but he was more like an athletic Bambi on ice. Passing was his kryptonite. Gana is at worst average in every department, a black Westwood if you will.

Personally i'm not too fussed either way. I'm not sure he will be as bad in the championship equally I doubt he will be that much better.

I would've thought trimming the squad was priority though. This would allow that.

Sure we have other players who need to move on but this was ideal in some way.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Reports said that Gardner was excellent at holding and allowing attacking players to push on, he also scored a couple of quality goals. Reading fans said that Tshibola was a powerhouse bringing physicality in the middle. 

Gana makes interceptions and is an average passer and offers zero threat at goal. 

Nice! Sounds good.

The worry is that they also only played about 35 games combined out of 96.

Can they stay fit and can they keep a consistent level of form? None of them has a proper first team season under their belts.

Massive gamble imo if we are relying on them to be more than rotation players.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Nice! Sounds good.

The worry is that they also only played about 35 games combined out of 96.

Can they stay fit and can they keep a consistent level of form? None of them has a proper first team season under their belts.

Massive gamble imo if we are relying on them to be more than rotation players.

I wouldn't disagree it's a bit of a gamble but I'd prefer them to play than Veretout or Gana. I'd also imagine if he does leave that we will bring in another cm 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I wouldn't disagree it's a bit of a gamble but I'd prefer them to play than Veretout or Gana. I'd also imagine if he does leave that we will bring in another cm 

Certainly hope we bring in at least 1 top quality leading CM, along with a handful more signings

Also hope we don't play with a 2 man central midfield.

Â