Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Hasn't been committed since he arrived talking about his next move and at times in my view it looked like he couldn't be bothered on the pitch.

I agree. It seems he thought he was too good for us and came with the attitude of using us as a stepping stone which I think showed in his play at times as his work rate was lacking. It certainly shows now if he is jumping ship rather than help right the wrongs he contributed to last season. Assuming RDM wants him to stay of course.

For me he is no big loss. Not many of the players would be and certainly not any of those from centre midfield where we were absolutely diabolical last season.

Hopefully he will be replaced with someone who wants to be here and will give their all in helping us get back up.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Not time to worry yet.

11 days until our first game, when can I start?

Everton are welcome to him, Some of the pundits raved about him at times but I must have fallen asleep when he did anything good. But agree we need to start bringing in some young keen quality players as we aren't going to suddenly going to be world beaters. 

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not time to worry yet.

Are we not a little short in CM though given Sanchez and Veretout are pretty much out of the door as it stands aswell?

We have Tshibola, Gardner, Lyden and who else....certainly rules out playing 4-3-3 in the short term I think unless we push Grealish as a third central midfielder in the number 10 but that would be very lightweight I think.

Like Trent and others I don't think Gana is that huge a loss but we certainly need some central midfielders in the next few weeks.

Probably the one of our dismal group of CM's that I least wanted to lose.

Not saying a lot thou, they are all mediocre/awful.

Not loving the current state of our midfield, or any part of the outfield squad for that matter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Are we not a little short in CM though given Sanchez and Veretout are pretty much out of the door as it stands aswell?

We have Tshibola, Gardner, Lyden and who else....certainly rules out playing 4-3-3 in the short term I think unless we push Grealish as a third central midfielder in the number 10 but that would be very lightweight I think.

Like Trent and others I don't think Gana is that huge a loss but we certainly need some central midfielders in the next few weeks.

Westwood :blink:

Â