Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

1 hour ago, V01 said:

We don't get the chance to accept it, if the release clause is met clubs are allowed to begin negotiations with the player/agent, if terms are agreed the teams then agree on the structure of payments.

I just don't get the tweet? What is he actually saying?

If they have triggered the release clause then all it's doing is just adding confusion.

I won't be at all sad to see him go. I've always found it slightly baffling when people say he had a good season. Sure, he can tackle well but it's worth nothing if you give the ball away constantly. I didn't like his attitude and despised his shooting.

• Like 1

I would have much rather he stayed to be honest but he obviously doesn't want to be here so... it is what it is. We seriously need midfielders though. Did Jeff Hendricks go anywhere in the end?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Razor said:

I won't be at all sad to see him go. I've always found it slightly baffling when people say he had a good season. Sure, he can tackle well but it's worth nothing if you give the ball away constantly. I didn't like his attitude and despised his shooting.

Yes but enough about Reo-Coker....:)

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I would have much rather he stayed to be honest but he obviously doesn't want to be here so... it is what it is. We seriously need midfielders though. Did Jeff Hendricks go anywhere in the end?

Burnley had another bid rejected the other day.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I believe Liverpool termed the clause in the contract very well and made it to say any club was entitled to speak to Suarez if they bidded over £40m. It wasn't an actual release clause. So although Arsenal could speak to Suarez, Liverpool could tell Arsenal where to go.

I'm pretty sure I heard that it was an actual release clause, but they simply refused to sell him anyway. It was a breach of contract but the only option for Suarez at that point was to sue Liverpool for it and force his move that way, he chose not to and signed a new contract instead, leaving the following year. It was a ballsy move for sure, and luckily for them it worked out. Don't quote me on that or anything I'm not 100%, I'm just convinced I heard something like that at the time. Regardless, it's no more than luck that it worked out and I would think too big a risk for virtually anyone outside the top few players in the world so not something we have to worry about really!

I guess It helps in our sale to buy policy that is being disguised by the club 

presumably we already have a replacement lined up seeing as Gana leaving was kinda nailed on since his agent started leaking the release clause on the interweb ....

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I guess It helps in our sale to buy policy that is being disguised by the club 

presumably we already have a replacement lined up seeing as Gana leaving was kinda nailed on since his agent started leaking the release clause on the interweb ....

1409nw9.jpg

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

You think Gana makes much difference?

Gardner was excellent for forest last year as was Tshibola before his injury. I would imagine we will sign another cm as well. 

Gardner was much better for Forest in his first loan spell - nowhere near as effective last season. Gueye is a better midfielder.

Whether Gueye wants to be here or not, who knows, but Gardner certainly wasn't in excellent form last season and doesn't do the break-up job that Gueye does.

Here's hoping Tshibola does it!

Couldn't care less if Gana leaves, he's the epitome of why stats don't win you matches. ..

Get Barry as part of the deal. He's exactly the type of player we need in the middle of the park and would be brilliant experience and calming authority in the Championship. Do that and we've by FAR got the better end of the deal. They think they have a promising midfielder who intercepts loads whilst they offload their aging player. We know they get a player who intercepts so many because actually he can't control a ball to save his life and we get the perfect player for the Championship...

Won't happen, but it'd be nice...

• Like 1

If he goes then we lose one of our best players, not a great player but he's still one of our best. Our chances of success will be less. We have to hope we can purchase a better player for less in a market which is inflated. We have all seen this before , it doesn't usually work .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Couldn't care less if Gana leaves, he's the epitome of why stats don't win you matches. ..

Get Barry as part of the deal. He's exactly the type of player we need in the middle of the park and would be brilliant experience and calming authority in the Championship. Do that and we've by FAR got the better end of the deal. They think they have a promising midfielder who intercepts loads whilst they offload their aging player. We know they get a player who intercepts so many because actually he can't control a ball to save his life and we get the perfect player for the Championship...

He intercepts because he can't control a ball? What?! 

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Get Barry as part of a Gana deal????

Something doesn't sound right here...

So the good doc has confirmed he does have a release clause.

I think the Wyness tweet was just a statement to fans that it was a hostile purchase and that Villa didn't want to sell him.

As such they don't want us to perceive it as a  a sell to buy transaction

• Like 4

Â