Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

I think in reality he was always gonna go if a Prem team came in for him let alone a top half prem team like Everton. His agent was one of the first to start touting him about i remember once we were down.

He is what i would see as a RDM type of player so i can see why RDM wanted to keep him and i'm sure after his warm up season he will be a lot better this but there you go... the price of getting relegated i guess!

As many i'm not overly fussed by him going. Maybe Sanchez will stick around now and do a similar job? If not replace him with someone who wants to be here.

One of the better players last season and I would rather he stayed. If he wants to go though, this should be done ASAP rather than drag on. That will not do us any favours. 

Now if he could only sneak Lescott in his back pocket... 

43 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You said shit players not just midfield players. 

Selective reading / quoting does not help I have found.  My full post was " Such a shame . Of the midfielders we have he'd be last on my list to go. But I guess who's going to want our shit players ".

Pretty clear that the shit players relates to the whole sentence which is talking about midfielders in a thread,  funnily enough,  about a midfielder and a subject about that midfielder leaving.

Just for further clarity the midfield players I would rather leave before Gana are Sanchez, Westwood, Bacuna (who I class as a midfielder, champions league obviously but still midfielder).  Unfortunately it does not look remotely like any of those players will be leaving anytime soon which to me does not improve the quality of our squad. Gana staying and some / all of them leaving would help the quality.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hurry up and leave already, we know you want to go so just go so we can spend the 7m on someone that actually wants to be here

Like Gabby ?

Just joshing dem its just that when you said spend the 7M on someone who wants to be here I'd hope for a bit more than just that.  I mean I'm sure Gabby wants to be here as there is no one else that would have him and I wouldnt want 7M spent on that useless article

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Selective reading / quoting does not help I have found.  My full post was " Such a shame . Of the midfielders we have he'd be last on my list to go. But I guess who's going to want our shit players ".

Pretty clear that the shit players relates to the whole sentence which is talking about midfielders in a thread,  funnily enough,  about a midfielder and a subject about that midfielder leaving.

Just for further clarity the midfield players I would rather leave before Gana are Sanchez, Westwood, Bacuna (who I class as a midfielder, champions league obviously but still midfielder).  Unfortunately it does not look remotely like any of those players will be leaving anytime soon which to me does not improve the quality of our squad. Gana staying and some / all of them leaving would help the quality.

I'd have put Gana and Westwood as the best of a bad bunch of midfielders to be honest. Would rather lose Sanchez or Bacuna (although he's probably played more games at RB than midfield for Villa) but in reality none of our midfielders were anywhere near good enough last season. I think Gana would have done well next year but won't be a great miss for us IMO.

On his way according to ESPN...

Everton are on the verge of signing Aston Villa midfielder Idrissa Gueye with the player undergoing a medical, sources close to the club have told ESPN FC.

Everton have triggered Gueye's £7.1 million release clause and the Senegal international has been given permission to travel to Merseyside for talks and a medical.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/2919435/everton-close-on-aston-villa-midfielder-idrissa-gueye-sources

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

He'll do well at Everton. 

He will do ok I think. With their new owner I bet they expected better things than once again signing a villa midfield player. I don't think he'll be a stand out there. A fairly steady player who won't make much impact on them. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

He will do ok I think. With their new owner I bet they expected better things than once again signing a villa midfield player. I don't think he'll be a stand out there. A fairly steady player who won't make much impact on them. 

Personally think he suits Koeman's style of play. He'll do a similar role to Wanyama - break up play, move the ball forward.

Shame it didn't work out for us here - we've basically done the "settling" job for Everton!

Â