Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

50 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I don't really understand this tweet.  Is he saying interest isn't welcome but they've had to accept it anyway?  Or that there's no release clause? 

Edited by PieFacE

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't really understand this tweet.  Is he saying interest isn't welcome but they've had to accept it anyway?  Or that there's no release clause? 

We don't get the chance to accept it, if the release clause is met clubs are allowed to begin negotiations with the player/agent, if terms are agreed the teams then agree on the structure of payments.

Couldn't care less about him going, lazy player who always looks like a yellow card waiting to happen when things don't go his way on the pitch. Would genuinely rather see someone like Gary Gardner in his place playing for the shirt week in, week out. Hopefully the £7m can be put to some use immediately to strengthen other areas of the squad.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, V01 said:

We don't get the chance to accept it, if the release clause is met clubs are allowed to begin negotiations with the player/agent, if terms are agreed the teams then agree on the structure of payments.

I understand that but the tweet makes no sense. 'We do not welcome any interest...'  What consolation is that when he has a 7m release clause? Get off twitter and do some fooking deals.

21 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

What makes me smile is all the villa fans on twitter explaining to Keith he has a release clause - whether he does or not, I am sure he knows!!

Proper facepalm hey? Lol

Not bothered about losing him per se. What does bother me is that it's another position that needs filling before the end of August.

He was nailed on to start alongside Tishbola. I've seen people talk about Gardner playing there. For me that's not the answer and neither is anyone else at the club, with the possible exception of Westwood.

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can't agree, had a little affection for NRC but he was more like an athletic Bambi on ice. Passing was his kryptonite. Gana is at worst average in every department, a black Westwood if you will.

i don't think he's anything like Westwood. Gana's a great ball winner but pretty poor passer. So yes, a lot in common with NRC, whoever said that. Westwood, on the other hand is like, er, nobody else i can think of.

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

What happened when Arsenal bid a quid above Suarez release clause and plop told them to do one?

I assume it's all to do with what the player wants, once the figure in the release clause is met?

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

What happened when Arsenal bid a quid above Suarez release clause and plop told them to do one?

Didn't someone ask what had they been smoking? Keith should do this also. Or Tony. 

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

I believe Liverpool termed the clause in the contract very well and made it to say any club was entitled to speak to Suarez if they bidded over £40m. It wasn't an actual release clause. So although Arsenal could speak to Suarez, Liverpool could tell Arsenal where to go.

Either:

a) he has a release clause and Everton have met it and we can going to try and convince him to stay; or 

b ) journalists are talking out their arses.

Either way, one I would have preferred to stay but if his hearts not in it I don't want him here and we are better getting rid now.

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

What makes us believe his heart isn't in it right now ?

Nothing but I was just saying if he doesn't want to stay and fight for the team he should move on and quickly.

Wyness probably knows a lot more than me though as to where they are at with the transfers so no doubt more will be revealed either way shortly :) 

• Like 1

Â