Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

seems like he is a bit inconsistent but I still think he is better than Weimann or Zoggy. he had some decent games last season and bagged a few so I'm not too concerned. I think he'll make a solid squad player for us. 

I think understandably he was trying hard to make an impression in a situation where his manager has made it clear he's a bit lukewarm.

Tried too hard perhaps. Needs to calm down and concentrate on the rest of his game apart from his impressive pace.

I think understandably he was trying hard to make an impression in a situation where his manager has made it clear he's a bit lukewarm.

Tried too hard perhaps. Needs to calm down and concentrate on the rest of his game apart from his impressive pace.

doesn't seem far off the mark imo. would say that's pretty natural in a friendly.

today summed him up it was 4 on 3 and Gabby was free and he dribbled into a Wolves player and in 2 seconds they were on the counter attack. No brain at all

Basically Fabian Delph, but as a wide player, then.

I think he had been very poor so far. Didn't see the match but judging by the comments it sounds very similar to his Walsall performance. I do however think he has the ability and just needs to remember how to use it, let's not forget he has barely had a run of games for about 3 years.

I think he's going to play a big part for us. If we are playing some version of 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 then we need players who are comfortable in wide areas. We now have a few of these players in our ranks - Sinclair, Gil, Grealish, Ayou. That doesn't even include Gabby. I'm assuming Nzogbia won't feature much, and Joe Cole neither.

I also don't believe all this "we had to buy him" stuff - if that was the case then surely we would have bought him in January and not just had him on loan with an option to buy.

I think he's going to play a big part for us. If we are playing some version of 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 then we need players who are comfortable in wide areas. We now have a few of these players in our ranks - Sinclair, Gil, Grealish, Ayou. That doesn't even include Gabby. I'm assuming Nzogbia won't feature much, and Joe Cole neither.

I also don't believe all this "we had to buy him" stuff - if that was the case then surely we would have bought him in January and not just had him on loan with an option to buy.

Ame? do I need my boots?

I have stayed out of this thread because it would drive me up the wall otherwise, but now he's scored a few in pre season I feel safe.

I thought he was a breath of fresh air before a below average performance against Swansea and we barely saw him after that. I think he's a really good player, hot and cold sure, but he's a proper outside forward and we don't really have another. He has the X Factor to win games all on his own.

I think he will start against Bournemouth.

• Like 2

I have stayed out of this thread because it would drive me up the wall otherwise, but now he's scored a few in pre season I feel safe.

I thought he was a breath of fresh air before a below average performance against Swansea and we barely saw him after that. I think he's a really good player, hot and cold sure, but he's a proper outside forward and we don't really have another. He has the X Factor to win games all on his own.

Agree with you, he didn't play enough under sherwood last season, needs to start against bournemouth

Before he moved to City, he was fantastic. If he can recapture that, and find some consistency, he's a first team regular for sure. At £2.5m, it might even be the best bit of business of the Summer.

Â