Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

I wouldn't be overly excited about him having gone for £2.5 million. I'm sure Villa had to pay off the rest of his contract to Man City. Sinclair cost just what you imagine a player like Sinclair would cost, not £2.5 million.

Edit: Thought he moved there on a free. 

Edited by YLN

I was iffy on Scott when news of his loan came through, but he's played well when he had the chance (Swansea game aside, and I understand why he'd want to score against his former team - just hopes he learns from it). For the reported fee it really is a good bit of business. I'm pleased with this news. Welcome Scott.

For that price it's a good deal.

Up to Tim to fit him into the system now.

For me I think his attributes would work better as a replacement/competition for Gabby rather than in the "N'Zogbia role"

If only Sherwood liked fullbacks who just defended, we could have a solid left side of Cissokho and Sinclair for less than £5m combined!

Anyway, welcome Scott! I too would prefer him in the side over Zog, as I see Sinclair as a consistent 6.5 to 7 out of ten, whereas Zog is an 8 one week and a 4 for the following month.

• Like 1

I think he's decent, he has good qualities, pacy, good close control and direct, but I also think his end product is a little bit inconsistent. I think his best position would be in N'Zogbia's role, and I hope to see him given a run of games in his place. 

For the money, I think it's a very good deal for us, and exactly how we should be strengthening the squad, he's much, much better than someone like Andi Weimann.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I thought before he got injured he was playing the best football of his career, if he continues like that it will take someone else doing extremely well to keep him out the first team.

Â