Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

I reckon that Jack is some way off and will not be in the reckoning next week-At least not to start. There is definitely a good player in Sinclair and I would agree that he doesn't have to play as an out and out winger. I have no idea how TS intends to line up next week but I suspect he will have one mind on ensuring a certain amount of experience remains in the side that starts next week. I would say that Westwood will start and hopefully Sinclair will. The frustrating thing that I find is that players like Sinclair are always easy targets to sub and to drop. Like most flair players, it is hard to hit the ground running. In order to get consistency out of players like Sinclair, you need to be consistent with them as well. He needs a sustained run in the team, he won't produce in every game but I'm convinced that given a run, he will be an asset to the side.

• Like 1

Almost the forgotten man of the summer signings but could turn out to be one of the best. Always likely to score a goal. I think he'll play a big part this season

Certainly is a goal threat. Likes to move centrally and get into the right space at the right time but he seems massively disainterested in helping out defensively. Hopefully that's just pre season and sherwood has a word as he is probably our best chance of a 10+ goal scorer from midfield. And that would amazing! Although also a long way away!

He played the entire game yesterday the left side of an attacking three and bagged his hat trick.

ah right, thanks for clearing that up mate :)

Some reason i thought we was 4-4-2 and he was upfront.

Very positive if on a left of a 3 man attack..

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Sinclair seems a lot better as a central forward than a left winger.

Everytime he plays in the central position for us he tends to score..

I agree, he may have been playing on the left against Forest, but all three of his goals came from central positions. IMO, he's Gabby with better technical abilities and better attacking movement. Out on the wing Sinclair has often played for us with his head down and trying to dribble past everyone.

I can't understand why ts didn't play him last season, he made such a good start under pl, I think if he gets a run of games, he'll be superb for us, his finishing is excellent, probably the best at the club now Benteke has left

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

I think all the players will have to up their game or they will not play, including Jack. I also think Sinclair has taken a little unnecessary stick lately by certain sections on here. He is nowhere near being as crap as some believe or just a bench warmer. Very much a confidence player and more so than others after his last few seasons in the wilderness at city. He has more than a point to prove to get his career back on track and will be a great asset for us imo. Another option in the AM role if the need arises.

I can't understand why ts didn't play him last season, he made such a good start under pl, I think if he gets a run of games, he'll be superb for us, his finishing is excellent, probably the best at the club now Benteke has left

In fairness, he did start under TS but then got injured-He then had to wait his chance again. Hopefully, that chance has now arrived.

• 2 weeks later...
Â