Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

I thought he was really poor. I thought it was the right decision to take him off because when he's not on it he's not on it and there is nothing going to change.

To be honest any one of the front three could have came off and it wouldn't have mattered much. Again, I'm looking forward to Gil, Grealish and Traore coming in ASAP.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I would argue that we had 4 forwards on the pitch at some stage last night and none of them came out with any real credit.

I stick by my statement that Sinclair needs a run of 10 plus games before we can judge him-As it stands, I would play him ahead of Gabby and Ayew looks like he's going to need time to settle.

Last night was hard to judge our strikers as we were up against such a good side-Lets have a look next week at Palace.

• Like 1

I thought he was really poor. I thought it was the right decision to take him off because when he's not on it he's not on it and there is nothing going to change.

To be honest any one of the front three could have came off and it wouldn't have mattered much. Again, I'm looking forward to Gil, Grealish and Traore coming in ASAP.

Have to agree with every word of this. You have to think that unless any of them flops badly he's not going to be preferred to any of these guys when they are fit.

I do think he may prove to be a higher quality option off the bench than we've had in recent seasons though so I'm not unhappy we signed him for peanuts.

He did a very good N'Zogbia impression yesterday, dribbling inside into trouble a lot.

I think that had a lot to do with the way we set up though.

Sinclair gabby ayew, pace pace pace. Utd just stayed relatively deep when we had the ball and nullified all 3.

When gestede is starting and jack is back there will be much more space to exploit and I think him and ayew will look better for it.

Did he play up front for swansea? Seems limited and a bit out of ideas when out wide but the good points I've seen from him so far have been his finishing. Maybe Tim can convert him a la Henry.

Grealish for Sinclair and Traore for Ayew at the moment

...and Gestede for Agbonhlaor and we're sorted. With Gil also having a good role to play. 

Yep. Start Gestede, and bring a fresh-legged Gabby on when Rudy's tired (if you must bring him on). The extra bit of pace against tired legs might be what Gabby needs to actually do something for a change.

But I agree with those who said Sinclair did okay v Man Utd. I thought there were moments where he showed proper quality, especially in his linkup play with the amazing Amavi.

• Like 1

He is very good at travelling up the pitch at pace which is a valuable asset. Sterling is another who is good at this. I also think he has good positional instincts in the box and would get you goals over the course of a season.

He does like to run down a blind alley and I'm not sure I've seen a winger before who crosses so little.

I'd say he does bring things out other players don't and from our perspective the competition for places is only a good thing.

Grealish for Sinclair and Traore for Ayew at the moment

...and Gestede for Agbonhlaor and we're sorted. With Gil also having a good role to play.

Yep. Start Gestede, and bring a fresh-legged Gabby on when Rudy's tired (if you must bring him on). The extra bit of pace against tired legs might be what Gabby needs to actually do something for a change.

But I agree with those who said Sinclair did okay v Man Utd. I thought there were moments where he showed proper quality, especially in his linkup play with the amazing Amavi.

Easily the best of the front 3 against Man Utd, but that's not saying too much. Between him and Amavi Darmian (or whatever it is) looked a total liability. That was mostly down to Amavi but Sinclair played his part as well.

Â