Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

Missed the game on Friday so watched it on Saturday with a fresh pair of eyes.  Thought he was the only one of the front three to look like that they could make something happen.  I was surprised to see him go off as he was looking pretty lively.

I really think that Sinclair will come good with a decent run of games and will prove to be one of our better players in time. He's shown his quality in bursts and I'm sure it will get more consistent with the right run of games, training and encouragement.

• Like 1

I would like to see Scott given chances this year because he can pull off some great moves on his day. Up to him to prove whether he should start or be a squad player. Either way I'm glad he's on the team.

• Like 2

Did he play any time as striker at Swansea? 

No. Never. Why does everyone keep wanting to play him as a striker? This has confused me since he came here. He played most games for Swansea as an out-and-out left winger and that seemed to be where he played best, although he preferred to cut inside. I think he should play on the left as part of a front three, or at a push I could see him behind the striker (but I think both Grealish and Gil are better options there).

Is it just because he got the number 9 shirt? He is not a striker and never has been.

Did he play any time as striker at Swansea? 

No. Never. Why does everyone keep wanting to play him as a striker? This has confused me since he came here. He played most games for Swansea as an out-and-out left winger and that seemed to be where he played best, although he preferred to cut inside. I think he should play on the left as part of a front three, or at a push I could see him behind the striker (but I think both Grealish and Gil are better options there).

Is it just because he got the number 9 shirt? He is not a striker and never has been.

Ahhhh didnt realize that. Thanks

Not good or consistent enough to be a starter

good squad option

Which you could easily apply to Gabby who starts all the time 

Sinclair is inconsistent but he scores goals and at this point is more of a threat than Gabby or Ayew

He had a couple of moments in the second half but at one point I forgot he was playing. He will be a good squad player this year but can't see him starting when others are fit.

At least with Sinclair he plays now and again with Gabby not only do the crowd forget he's playing, he forgets he's playing too!!!

He needs to be played to be consistant. From what I have seem he is consistantly better than Gabby. Would like to see him replace gabby at Sunderland.

I like to see Gabby playing for Sunderland  ;)

Yeah totally agree I don't think he's going to come good until he gets a proper run of starts, does seem to be a confidence player, and sitting on the bend getting the odd 20 mins here and there is not healthy for him.  Just seems so obvious to have Sinclair start and Gabby to be the impact sub if needed...

Needs a run of games

Up front it seems?

As I said in the match thread, I think my maths are right when I say that is 6 goals in 14 competitive appearances. All of them out wide until tonight. That's better than the mythical Kozak.

Potential poacher right there with a few skills to pay the bills too. Very impressed and a little excited. Think he should get a run against Sunderland's defence.

• Like 1

Â