Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

Sounds like hes had an excellent game today, obviously has quality but can be frustratingly inconsistent which had to be expected after sitting on City's bench for god knows how long. Let's hope he takes confidence from today into the Bournemouth game.

I'll let him off for that Swansea game, he was selfish and was trying too hard but was taking quite a lot of stick from Swansea fans so was desperate to shove it back. It ultimately cost us the game but as a one off I'm ok with it. I imagine he may of had a bollocking after and should learn from it.

Not seen the game, but I thought he looked decent after the wolves game, eager to get the ball, thought he linked up well with Amavi in the first half. As just mentioned, the biggest gripe he seemed to cause amongst a few of us was his performance against Swansea. Easily forgiven, he won't be the last player to try too hard to get one over his old team.

I don't know how often he should/could start, but for me, he's ahead of Gabby for one of the wide-striker roles. Just re-watched the goal against baggies in the cup, so much composure.

£2.5m is a bargain.

I haven't seen a tremendous amount of games with Sinclair, but from what I've seen he appears to be sort of improved hybrid of Gabby & N'Zogbia.

Sadly he also seem to have some of the deficiencies and traits that sometimes make those players incredibly frustrating to watch.

Much rather have him than the above mentioned players on the field or even at the club  

• Like 1

I haven't seen a tremendous amount of games with Sinclair, but from what I've seen he appears to be sort of improved hybrid of Gabby & N'Zogbia.

Sadly he also seem to have some of the deficiencies and traits that sometimes make those players incredibly frustrating to watch.

Much rather have him than the above mentioned players on the field or even at the club  

This.

The ironic thing is I haven't even included him in any of the main options for the squad...I really struggle to see where he fits in with all the signings but he's probably put himself into the starting 11 next week with the hattrick.

He can be incredibly frustrating at times...in the right role though he's going to be (if he can get his levels back up) very good for us.

He's not a winger imo, he's suited to play on the left of a forward 3 for sure. Could easily get 10 league goals

In that role.

If I were to suppose he would be playing instead of Gabby:

The first goal today was from such a peach if a cross, Gabby probably would have done as well.

I don't believe Gabby would have reacted quick enough to score the second.

It's highly unlikely Gabby would have curled one in from 25+ yards for the third goal.

That leaves me thinking Scott is the better option and depending on what formation Sherwood has planned for the PL, Scott might not be a guaranteed starter. I wonder where that leave Gabby?

He has games like this every now and again but then goes quiet for the next 6 - 7 fixtures after

More consistency is needed tbh

Can I ask, what are you basing that on?

Last season after the WBA cup game where he played well he was pretty much anonymous for the rest of the season and was in and out of the side

He's flat track bullied his way through preseason and has played well but what i'm saying is i want to see him perform like this against prem opposition on a more regular basis than he did last season otherwise Sherwood will bench him 

He has games like this every now and again but then goes quiet for the next 6 - 7 fixtures after

More consistency is needed tbh

Can I ask, what are you basing that on?

Last season after the WBA cup game where he played well he was pretty much anonymous for the rest of the season and was in and out of the side

He only started 2 games after that, one of which was the Swansea game, then was out for 5 with a hamstring injury. He then played a total of 33 minutes from the bench spread over 3 apps.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Consistency is key

I think the biggest change from Tim Sherwood and previous managers he will not tolerate inconsistency in the same way they did.

He will deal with it.

• Like 1

Didn't his wife have a baby recently as well? Seems like athletes lose focus for a bit when that happens. I'm sure he'll be a good squad player for us this year.

Footballers aren't robots. They're human beings you know.

;) 

Â