Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

I’ve got no problem with families personal stories and a genuine respect for all the dead of war.

It’s remembrance bullshit that needs calling out.

Agreed.

It's worth remembering why the Royal British Legion sell the poppy pin - whilst also giving a simple gesture of remembrance, the money raised helps so many families affiliated to the Armed Forces who face difficult times.  Not just the Armed Forces themselves but the carers of veterans etc (I've linked to the "Who We Help" on the Royal British Legion site).

Those pizzas above can feck right off :puke:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

I’ve got no problem with families personal stories and a genuine respect for all the dead of war.

It’s remembrance bullshit that needs calling out.

That pizza would potentially actually lead to violence. Imagine watching someone take the slice with 4 bits of pepperoni on, leaving you the one with just a solitary slice of green pepper. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

My mate lost his son in Afghanistan and has flags on his windows windows etc, I’m not certainly going to tell him he is wrong. People show their emotions and support in different ways. Very harsh to label them all as right wing Tory whoppers. Losing your child in a war does not have a wing and is not political

Ok, fair point and although I didn’t say ‘all’, I can see the point and I mean no disrespect to those who display poppies/flags for genuine reasons. 

That said, look at the latest posts in this thread. Trainers, sausages, T-Shirts, tanks on lawns etc etc. You can’t deny it’s getting hijacked by exactly the type of people I’m talking about? It seems more about how patriotic you claim to be rather than a mark of genuine respect. 

It’s like the Will Self Vs Mark Francois Brexit clip. I’m not saying all people who display flags/poppies are right wing, Tory whoppers, but all the right wing, Tory whoppers, display flags and poppies. I’m not suggesting you’re Mark Francois in this scenario by the way, that would be harsh! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Ok, fair point and although I didn’t say ‘all’, I can see the point and I mean no disrespect to those who display poppies/flags for genuine reasons. 

That said, look at the latest posts in this thread. Trainers, sausages, T-Shirts, tanks on lawns etc etc. You can’t deny it’s getting hijacked by exactly the type of people I’m talking about? It seems more about how patriotic you claim to be rather than a mark of genuine respect. 

It’s like the Will Self Vs Mark Francois Brexit clip. I’m not saying all people who display flags/poppies are right wing, Tory whoppers, but all the right wing, Tory whoppers, display flags and poppies. I’m not suggesting you’re Mark Francois in this scenario by the way, that would be harsh! 

More of a Rees-Mogg man myself 😉

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

That's the one!

Funnily enough my son suggested ‘‘accidentally’ setting them on fire yesterday when we went past them on the way to Sutton

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Funnily enough my son suggested ‘‘accidentally’ setting them on fire yesterday when we went past them on the way to Sutton

Terrible the damage all those stray fireworks can cause this time of year. 

• Haha 1

Sitting down to eat my scrambled eggs and smoked salmon this morning I noticed on the back of the Saturday Mail TV guide there is an opportunity to purchase a ‘Del Trotter’ bear. Basically it’s a teddy bear with a cap on in a sheepskin jacket with a gold D necklace. Lovely jubbly says the advert. Who buys this tat? Oh it’s only cost three grand as well but don’t worry you can pay  in ‘easy’  monthly. instalment of £55 per month for ever. I kid you not

• Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Sitting down to eat my scrambled eggs and smoked salmon this morning I noticed on the back of the Saturday Mail TV guide there is an opportunity to purchase a ‘Del Trotter’ bear. Basically it’s a teddy bear with a cap ontha in a sheepskin jacket with a gold D necklace. Lovely jubbly says the advert. Who buys this tat? Oh it’s only cost three grand as well but don’t worry you can pay  in ‘easy’  monthly. instalment of £55 per month for ever. I kid you not

Nah. It's a stupid price, but not that stupid. 

Bear.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Nah. It's a stupid price, but not that stupid. 

Bear.jpg

Sorry miss read that are only 3000 of them being made not the price , bargain at 275 quid😀

you getting one Mike

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Sorry miss read that are only 3000 of them being made not the price , bargain at 275 quid😀

you getting one Mike

Probably two, can't resist a bargain. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Probably two, can't resist a bargain. 

Don't delay, it's a rare special edition, you don't want to miss out. They'll probably be worth thousands in a few years. 

It is/was insanely popular. 

As for making a teddy appear to look like the protagonist, a Del Boy teddy bear is easier to portray than a Basil Fawlty one. Flat cap, sheepskin coat, done.

Plus Del Boy is generally a more likeable (dare I say “cuddlier”) character than Basil. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Don't delay, it's a rare special edition, you don't want to miss out. They'll probably be worth thousands in a few years. 

Might have to flog a couple of my beanie babies to finance it. 

Â