Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The GOAT soft drink

s-l400.jpg

agree...but think proper american mountain dew wins for the novelty factor, not sure why they get it so wrong in the EU, im guessing the yanks put banned chemicals in or something

see also grape fanta and root beer, i had a proper A&W root beer floater in one of their restaurants, incredible stuff but i couldnt drink it every day whereas cherry pepsi max is my go to

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

agree...but think proper american mountain dew wins for the novelty factor, not sure why they get it so wrong in the EU, im guessing the yanks put banned chemicals in or something

see also grape fanta and root beer, i had a proper A&W root beer floater in one of their restaurants, incredible stuff but i couldnt drink it every day whereas cherry pepsi max is my go to

I quite like Tango Dark Berry. 

On 20/10/2021 at 15:17, villa4europe said:

@Chindie ,from memory, gave a good explanation of it in the trivia thread. 

• Like 2

Just watching this year's All or Nothing series, this year focusing on the Toronto Maple Leafs ice hockey team. What I know about ice hockey wouldn't fill a postage stamp, but still with these shows the understanding of the game isn't really the point. But I was kinda thrown when the first game came up and the caption said 'Game 1 of 56', in what seemed to be a 8 team division. So I went to Wikipedia on the NHL and got this

During the regular season, clubs play each other in a predefined schedule. Since 2021, in the regular season, all teams play 82 games: 41 games each of home and road, playing 26 games in their own geographic division—four against five of their seven other divisional opponents, plus three against two others; 24 games against the eight remaining non-divisional intra-conference opponents—three games against every team in the other division of its conference; and 32 against every team in the other conference twice—home and road.[

Wiki

...huh? I dunno, I think how straight forward football is in the structure of the game makes American structures, where they mix a league and about 3 cup competitions into a single competition seem completely bizarre. I appreciate why they do it (partly a practicality thing because of how big the country is, partly to maximise money in each season) but still, reading that I can barely get my head around it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Just watching this year's All or Nothing series, this year focusing on the Toronto Maple Leafs ice hockey team. What I know about ice hockey wouldn't fill a postage stamp, but still with these shows the understanding of the game isn't really the point. But I was kinda thrown when the first game came up and the caption said 'Game 1 of 56', in what seemed to be a 8 team division. So I went to Wikipedia on the NHL and got this

Wiki

...huh? I dunno, I think how straight forward football is in the structure of the game makes American structures, where they mix a league and about 3 cup competitions into a single competition seem completely bizarre. I appreciate why they do it (partly a practicality thing because of how big the country is, partly to maximise money in each season) but still, reading that I can barely get my head around it.

The 82 games in the regular season is positioning for the playoffs basically. It's all about the Stanley Cup in the end. No team celebrate winning their division or their conference. Even in the playoffs teams get a trophy if they win their conference an advance to the Stanley Cup. It is an tradition to not even lift that trophy.

People who wear fake snakeskin, fake fur etc.  OK you are not actually slaughtering animals to make those actual clothes* but you're still glamorising the wearing of it. 

* although I've seen reports that fake fur often comprises of quite a lot of real fur too thanks to the usually shoddy supply chain checks retailers use. 

I've recieved a genuine handwritten letter of Jehovas Witness propaganda from a woman who's put her reply address and phone number on there, she's a couple of miles away from me. It's gone to everyone in my street, and a friend who lives a 10 minute drive away recieved the same letter from the woman a couple of months ago. She must spend hours and hours writing thousands of these letters.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've recieved a genuine handwritten letter of Jehovas Witness propaganda from a woman who's put her reply address and phone number on there, she's a couple of miles away from me. It's gone to everyone in my street, and a friend who lives a 10 minute drive away recieved the same letter from the woman a couple of months ago. She must spend hours and hours writing thousands of these letters.

Its a pandemic thing, we got one. I might write back next time

21 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

So on top ov Covid 19 we now have a Jehovas Witness pandemic as well,FFS,where do you get the vaccination for that then ?

It's called the 'Bickster' Jab. Although it's more of a straight right tbh.

• Haha 2

Â