Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Anyone know if the Banksy above Jewellery Quarter railway station is still there? 

I mentioned it to my daughter and she said she might go see it, but I did wonder if it's even still there. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Banksy's artwork on buildings.

Always gets huge crowds. Are people genuinely interested in it, or is it just an excuse to upload a photo to social media to look cool?

He was a very earlier adopter of both satirical/political work of his type, and the timing landed well with Social Media. There's a lot of decent artists out there (term used loosely) but he's played the game like a pro. He had his thing (he wasn't the only one to do what he did with the stencils and that, but I think you can argue he was the most original) and when he took off, he pulled many more stunts other than just painting, including his film/docu, pop up stalls, political graff on the West Bank. That kind of thing would never not get him more exposure.

And, personally, (shoot me down) - some graff I think is fantastic, and he's deliberately created some art in places where it would help communities services.

But, he should probably get back to Massive Attack, because their most recent music hasn't been good enough.

PS - A lot of graff is shite.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Yeah, thats another thing I don't get - why do people feel the need to deface/ruin them? People are odd. 

can you ruin / deface  something that has already ruined / defaced a perfectly good wall ?  

Has there been a more inaccurate film/TV title than "Mission Impossible"? 

Over 200 missions.  None have been impossible.  

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Spelling mishsteaks

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Has there been a more inaccurate film/TV title than "Mission Impossible"? 

Over 200 missions.  None have been impossible.  

Maybe they choose not to accept the impossible missions?

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Why the “10 year passport” thing has become a major news story… ando l idiots are being caught out?

Because they really are **** idiots. 

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

Why the “10 year passport” thing has become a major news story… and why so many idiots are being caught out?

"When I voted for Brexit I didn't listen to anyone telling me travel would be harder"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Chicken burgers. On their own they are too dry for a burger, and if they are battered or coated you don't need the bread. Pointless.

Chilli, mayonnaise and salad say hello. :)

Absolutely love a good chicken burger. They do some great ones out here in Thailand.

Edited by GlobalVillan

Probably done to death in here in another thread but just watching Mr Bates vs the Post Office and looked into about a month ago. When are heads of the PO getting prison time. Disgraceful business

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Probably done to death in here in another thread but just watching Mr Bates vs the Post Office and looked into about a month ago. When are heads of the PO getting prison time. Disgraceful business

I actually think they might get some kind of criminal prosecution. Especially as it's recently come out that they proceeded with the prosecutions knowing full well that there were problems with the system. 

I know it won't be believed but company directors really do get prosecuted criminally, they don't always get away with it and with this being so high profile, and the victims having a voice to keep it high profile I think this won't just go away for them. 

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It proves what the country has become. That something like this is not really being seen by many, as absolutely disgusting. These people should not be able to get away with it, paid millions in bonuses, while post office employess were comitting suicide.

I saw a interview with a previous Fujitsu employee working the IT help line for the system, saying they were told not to help the victims, an under no circumstances mention the system was flawed. Guy was in tears thinking back what he had done.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at Solihull Station. 

Opposite me is the completely overgrown unused island platform. 

Sitting on it is a toilet brush. 

How the **** does a toilet brush end up in an unused island platform at a railway station.  How did it get there? 

• Like 1

On 01/04/2024 at 15:26, foreveryoung said:

It proves what the country has become. That something like this is not really being seen by many, as absolutely disgusting. These people should not be able to get away with it, paid millions in bonuses, while post office employess were comitting suicide.

I saw a interview with a previous Fujitsu employee working the IT help line for the system, saying they were told not to help the victims, an under no circumstances mention the system was flawed. Guy was in tears thinking back what he had done.

He should be prosecuted as well, disgusting watching people going to prison when you know the evidence is flawed, why stick your head out now, because it's safe to do so and he can get some air time out of it, weasel. 

• Like 1

Â