Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

'Stars on 45' were medleys of hits, not by the original artists, and set to a fixed bpm, with a 'bum-clap' disco beat. 

I listen to some of the originals and even now I expect them to segue into the following Stars on 45 song. They were jive bunny precursors and were as **** dreadful. 

• Like 1

I’ve got a couple of ToTP albums somewhere.

Stand out track, definitely Poppa Joe, a cover of the Sweet song from about ‘72.

I might have to go up the garage now for a rummage through some crates…

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Stand out track, definitely Poppa Joe, a cover of the Sweet song from about ‘72.

Jesus H. Christ. 

Poppa rumbo rumbo hey Poppa Joe coconut
Poppa Joe, hey Poppa Joe
Poppa Joe, hey Poppa Joe
Hey Poppa Joe, hey Poppa Joe
Hey Pop, Poppa, Poppa Joe

**** ing dreadful. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Jesus H. Christ. 

Poppa Joe, hey Poppa Joe
Poppa Joe, hey Poppa Joe
Hey Poppa Joe, hey Poppa Joe
Hey Pop, Poppa, Poppa Joe

**** ing dreadful. 

School disco dynamite there my friend.

fast forward 5 or 6 years and I’m singing about Leon Trotsky getting an ice pick in his head.

• Haha 1

People who insist on displaying mahoosive Poppies and ‘Lest We Forget’ flags in their windows and the new(ish) trend of putting Poppies on everything in the name of ‘remembrance’ 

Another flag-shagging display of faux patriotism. It’s pathetic and disrespectful. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

U wot m8

EL3M5Tr.png

I laughed, but it’s funny, not funny. 

As in, it’s funny to see people being tragic, but it’s massively off the mark for me and demeans the whole thing. 

There’s a house by me, with two massive flags in their windows and a full on, 15ft flag pole in the back garden. It’s wanky behaviour. 

Meanwhile, my old neighbour, who actually lost his lad in Afghanistan, will quietly go to the local church service and pay his respects to his boy and all who fell before (and after). I go every year to pay respect in memory of both my Grandads, but I hate the whole Poppy-off culture that surrounds it now. Right-wing, Tory whopper behaviour. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 3

There are some lampposts in my village that still have last year’s poppies attached to them. They’re not new for this Remembrance Day, they’ve been on for a whole year.

I suppose it saved a little bit of plastic, so swings and roundabouts.

• Like 1

There's a house in a place called Svarisbricj which is owned by massive Orange Order word removed, in the lead up to the 12th he always has a f^^^ing Huge Union flah in his garden and even decorates his house like its xmas but with Unionist shite. His house will be an absolute show by now. If I get round there at the weekend I;ll get a snap for you all

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You think that's bad. Down in Shenstone by me, there's some cottage with WBA flags outside. I always have to divert heading towards the A5 now

Just before the carvery, I pass it every time I’m on the way to the Villa 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You think that's bad. Down in Shenstone by me, there's some cottage with WBA flags outside. I always have to divert heading towards the A5 now

Are you certain it's not just some old Tesco Carrier Bags that have got caught in a tree? 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I laughed, but it’s funny, not funny. 

As in, it’s funny to see people being tragic, but it’s massively off the mark for me and demeans the whole thing. 

There’s a house by me, with two massive flags in their windows and a full on, 15ft flag pole in the back garden. It’s wanky behaviour. 

Meanwhile, my old neighbour, who actually lost his lad in Afghanistan, will quietly go to the local church service and pay his respects to his boy and all who fell before (and after). I go every year to pay respect in memory of both my Grandads, but I hate the whole Poppy-off culture that surrounds it now. Right-wing, Tory whopper behaviour. 

My mate lost his son in Afghanistan and has flags on his windows windows etc, I’m not certainly going to tell him he is wrong. People show their emotions and support in different ways. Very harsh to label them all as right wing Tory whoppers. Losing your child in a war does not have a wing and is not political

• Like 3

Â