Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh come on, How do you wipe your arse beats that

Disqualified as it wasn't this year :D

Anyway, for clarity - sit down and balls out. 

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Why would anyone drink coke if they’re thirsty? It’s nice, but it’s not refreshing at all.

gordon-ramsay-get-out.gif

There is nothing more refreshing than an ice cold coke on a hot day! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I can't get over the fact that grown adults routinely drink cola. 

Maybe once a year, if I'm out walking on a VERY hot day and I'm really thirsty, I might have one, as a novelty. And I'll quite enjoy it, pure childhood nostalgia. But that's all. Couldn't imagine why anybody would drink it on a daily basis. 

Up until probably 10-15yrs ago I’d drink a glass of coke per night but now don’t have it in the house except on rare occasions when it’s used as a mixer! 

my kids hardly ever have a carbonated drink so when they do, it’s a ‘treat’ 

I don’t miss it at all but like you, on a hot day it’s not a bad thirst quencher

My vices are a Tenzing most mornings and then Robinsons peach squash, which I have small portions of in each glass but too many glasses per day. I would love to stop doing the former, but I just cannot bear the taste of coffee, in any form, and tea doesn't give me enough caffeine. I don't know what the solution is really. 

17 hours ago, El Zen said:

Yep, hence the question. Coke Zero tastes much nicer than Diet Coke, and I haven’t actually met anyone who prefers Diet Coke. There must be people who do,  though, since it’s still widely available. Who are these people? 

I've never tried coke zero. Occasionally go for the full fat, but mostly out of habit get diet coke. Been drinking it for decades. When these new fangled zero ones came out, I wasn't unhappy with DC to think about changing. There must be loads of people like that., 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Why would anyone drink coke if they’re thirsty? It’s nice, but it’s not refreshing at all. I’d down a pint of water and then a glass of Pepsi Max, if I wanted to for the taste.

Mixers have to be full fat really. Pepsi Max is maybe okay, but definitely not Coke Zero and absolutely **** not Diet Coke. You’ll waste some good rum that way.

coke/pepsi is almost entirely water

Â