New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

DJ7t9aeWAAAPTZU.jpg

I take no credit for the design. Saw it on the interwebnet. 

Was wondering if anyone could make the above but with a larger inner circle and a thinner outer one. Also maybe with the star centered above the badge, not sure in what colour though.

40 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

DJ7t9aeWAAAPTZU.jpg

I take no credit for the design. Saw it on the interwebnet. 

That is really nice. I like a lot. Would like to see what this would look like with the gold lion in the middle. That has been our identity since the premier league was formed 

From what I know we moved from the round one as it couldn't be copyrighted.  It was at the same time as a lot of other clubs changed their crests as they were all trying to put a stop to the counterfeiting of merchandise, and as so many of the "logos" had been in use for so long without being protected that they were forced to create new ones.

That's not to say we couldn't still have a round one, but it'd need to be significantly different than "the" round one.

That's just my understanding though, and may be inaccurate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dounavilla said:

d404cc537b23797e5ea9bdf3b8ccf79c--aston-

Just talking personal preference it's the round crest for me.

Absolutely having the words ASTON VILLA spelt out (I'm ambivalent about the FC abbreviation). It's unique.

Euro Star - Not a fan of where it is on our current badge it looks shoved in the space that was left on photoshop. Central and directly above would be my preference. somewhere in the outer circle - ASTON VILLA * maybe. I hate seeing the star crammed in to the crest any old where though and is my main gripe with our current crest.

I like the lion to look a bit mean - I'm not fussed whether it's yellow or claret tbf but I dont like more rounded edges - It's supposed to be a Rampant lion of Scotland isn't it? Jagged and Pointy for me.

'Prepared' I can give or take, pretty ambivalent again.

1874 should be on there though 100% imo.

• Like 2

Limpid notwithstanding, most fans do seem to like round crests. I've been following the Leeds fiasco with interest, and most supporters want a return not to the previous shield shape, but to the earlier circular one of a white Yorkshire rose. If I was a Leeds fan, I would, too. 

Thinking about it, I quite like the shield badge that we had in the fifties, so if there was an issue about not having a circular badge I’d be alright with that. 

They’re never going to be able to please everyone on this, but at least the Leeds fiasco will have made Villa and other clubs think more carefully on this sort of thing.

I think the subtle changes to our badge that were made recently really improved it. 

I don't mind it.

There's plenty of room for improvement, but I don't think it's something that needs urgent attention.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I like our current badge. It's instantly recognizable. I like the color scheme too.

I know we all like different things, the world would be a very boring place if we all liked the same things.

But, to me, sorry, the current badge is not at all recognisable, and the colour scheme is terribly bland.