New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

GuywiYv.jpg

FcIOfqw.jpg

Eh, not for me, preferred the white, but worth a try

Yeah, not great. I just want as few colors as possible on the kit.

But I guess since the PL logo is white it doesn't really matter.

27 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Thought I'd throw a few things together quickly, you guys really seem to like your round badge don't you?

dOV8noO.jpg

2jxoETs.jpg

For those precious few that aren't for a round badge...

AtVFwcr.jpg

gXGjlr8.jpg

I really like the lion without the shield. The yellow looks much better on the claret background than on the light blue of our current badge. In fact, I think it looks really clean and smart like this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

The round badge with the type as per the AVFC in the non round one would look better, the serif in the round one looks weaker.

Can anyone DM me a vector of the lion?

The typeface is the same for both, it's just smaller on the round one in order to fit, I didn't want to change too much so I went with a similar font face to what is already being used, could play around with it though, see if something more modern might work a little better.

I'd send you the lion in a vector but imgur doesn't allow SVGs for some reason...

52 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

has anyone actually said we are changing back to the round badge?

Yeah I would like to know.  Can’t we just keep the one we have, bad enough the change last time so really don’t want to do again or revert.

59 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

has anyone actually said we are changing back to the round badge?

Has anyone said we are actually changing the badge full stop? 

I’m not on the round badge bandwagon. Loads of teams have round badges and ours would just look like Chelsea’s or Middlesbrough’s.

I love the badges above which are just the standalone lion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I considered the star, not sure how I feel about it, I think two stars look good, one on it's own looks a bit... well lonely...

We'll have to wait at least a couple of years for the second star, so one will do for now. 

Great work on the crest!

I detest the AVFC it just looks lame. I'd try to incorporate the star within the badge. Loved the old round badge - as Jamacian Villan suggested the star inbetween Aston Villa could work nicely.

I also like the Lion on it's own, but we probably need some thing else so that it's recognisable as Villa

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t like the ‘AVFC’ bit, I prefer it to say Aston Villa.

It's one of the  most attractive and unique aspects of our club, Fully agree!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

The typeface is the same for both, it's just smaller on the round one in order to fit, I didn't want to change too much so I went with a similar font face to what is already being used, could play around with it though, see if something more modern might work a little better.

I'd send you the lion in a vector but imgur doesn't allow SVGs for some reason...

Thought it might be the same! The serifs look really different smaller, really thin, might be it doesn't survive being on the curve so well too. I'll have a look for a vector then no worries. 

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I hate the AVFC. 

It is obviously good for certain uses, but I would prefer Aston Villa to be used wherever possible.

Such a brilliant name. Why waste it?

The club put it to a poll before they changed it, so we only got the fans to blame