New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

There's some good alternatives in here but I've always liked our current one.

Me too. I'm all for a new, possibly circular badge, but I honestly wouldn't mind if we kept the current one. I think it's classy.

Iu6H77K.png

But with the lettering done properly (I'm semi busy here at the moment, so it was a quickie)

That's the best in here by far. I'd make the yellow borders & font a lot thinner though. Way too much yellow.

• Like 1

NM3q5QB.jpg

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I was just about to post that exact same phrase. Yes this is what I'd like from the new crest. Incorporates a bit of tradition and gets rid of that stupid juggling, no clawed lion.

I'm at work so can't do it myself but could someone pop the yellow lion from the striped crest on the round badge. I liked that one as it's from my youth.

194px-Aston_Villa_FC_logo_(2000-2007).sv

Edited by NorthEastVillan

None of you work in marketing then if you want to drop the AVFC that is never going to happen.

Yet the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bayern Munich etc. do have their full names in their badges. Doesn't seem to do them any harm on the marketing front.

warrior-reveals-all-new-liverpool-home-k

I can't see us making a return to the round badge I'm afraid chaps.

As far as I'm aware, it was changed for copyright/trademark purposes as it had been in circulation for such a long time and used by so many people (before football clubs protected their brand) so copyrighting it became impossible.

It's the same reason why Arsenal and Liverpool changed their crest too, and why the Italian national team stopped having the "Italia - il Tricolore" shield on their kit.

I could be wrong, but that's my understanding of the situation.  It's not to say we couldn't have A round badge, but it'd have to be significantly different from the old one.

• Like 1

I don't know if its been mentioned, but the premier league don't allow stars on the shirts.

That's why we incorporated it into our crest.

What about Man City?

Theirs are decorative and not meant to signify anything.  They're also classed as "part of the crest".

I don't know if its been mentioned, but the premier league don't allow stars on the shirts.

That's why we incorporated it into our crest.

What about Man City?

Theirs are decorative and not meant to signify anything. They're also classed as "part of the crest".

Ours could be decorative too. I'll Photoshop a few more stars on later, maybe have it looking like a Dragonball.

• Like 3