New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

54 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Surely a really detailed badge design would benefit the club by deterring any shirt counter fitters.

Are they like shopfitters? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Lion should be gold imo.But yeah that would be really nice. Anyone want to try their hand at that?

What happened to the VT Photoshop wizards? If we were still in the PL we'd have pages full of mock ups by now.

I agree the lion should be gold 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, a m ole said:

controversial, but our current badge is one of our best. The round one is cool and I love the minimal 60s one, the 90s iteration is vile.

Agree on every count. The 90's one is really the 00's one. It's probably why I like the new ones more as I'm not tied to the nostalgia of the 00's badge from around when I started supporting the club. It's too horrendous even for nostalgia glasses. The actual 90's badge is a bit better.

aston-villa-logo-2009.jpg

Stripes on a badge like this is such a horrible idea.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Agree on every count. The 90's one is really the 00's one. It's probably why I like the new ones more as I'm not tied to the nostalgia of the 00's badge from around when I started supporting the club. It's too horrendous even for nostalgia glasses. The actual 90's badge is a bit better.

aston-villa-logo-2009.jpg

Stripes on a badge like this is such a horrible idea.

yeah that one is better than the revised version, and I was obsessed from around ‘92! Actually, seeing it i’m getting nostalgic thinking about drawing it on any bit of paper I could get my hands on. I’m re-warming to it :D

I like our badge and think it should be left alone.

Before we know it, it would become a farce like the kits changing so often.

If it ain't broke..

• Like 2

My biggest issue with reverting to the circular badge is that it just perpetuates the belief that we're stuck in the past, living off one former (albeit amazing) glory. Going back to a circular badge with a star in it doesn't strike me as very forward thinking.

Furthermore, if you're a traditionalist, then badges/shields are by far the most authentic route to go as they have been our crest for a majority of our history. 

Finally, apparently the simplicity of the badge is vital in today's digital age as it is clearer for viewing on tablets/phones etc at varying sizes.

Personally I'm fine with the badge, clean, simple, Villa colours and unique.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

My biggest issue with reverting to the circular badge is that it just perpetuates the belief that we're stuck in the past, living off one former (albeit amazing) glory. Going back to a circular badge with a star in it doesn't strike me as very forward thinking.

Furthermore, if you're a traditionalist, then badges/shields are by far the most authentic route to go as they have been our crest for a majority of our history. 

Finally, apparently the simplicity of the badge is vital in today's digital age as it is clearer for viewing on tablets/phones etc at varying sizes.

Personally I'm fine with the badge, clean, simple, Villa colours and unique.

Good post.

If there had to be a choice I would opt for the badge of '57 but making the outer shield slightly bigger to allow for wording and losing the scroll banner at the bottom, otherwise the one we currently have still looks good.

I want a badge including "Aston Villa",

a star is not a must, but a star above the badge when we plays in europe.

it might be simple, but not childish like todays badge.

get the coulurs correct,

don't use "prepared"

I don't think we have had that many good badges. The only one I like is the round one, but a new one could be in another form.

• Like 1

I don't like the idea of a star appearing separate and above the crest, unless we're playing in Europe. Then the star represents something. Wearing it when we're playing away at Barnsley in the 2nd tier of English football is a bit meaningless IMO.

I think the recent changes to the badge have been a huge success. The badge when embroidered is absolutely beautiful. I'm definitely open to change but i'm not desparate for one.

If we were going to make a change, i'd much prefer a modern interpretation of the 1957 badge than something round. I feel like a round badge is quite generic really. I'd much rather have something where the shape immediately screamed Aston Villa.

• Thanks 1

I really dislike the yellow lion on the light blue background. Think it is painful to look at. And I also dislike AVFC, it should say Aston Villa.

Overall I think the current badge just looks childish in comparison to most other club badges. Wouldn't miss it at all.

• Like 4

As others have said I'm reasonably happy with the current crest, however I'd prefer Aston Villa to AVFC and remove the white star with a gold star above the crest. I notice Forest play with 2 goal stars above their crest and whilst I acknowledge that we shouldn't be stuck in the past, we should also acknowledge our great history and not many English clubs have earnt the right to have that star above their crest.

I'd be happy to revert to a round badge as a lot of members on here seem fond of it (before my time), but agree that if we do retain the current lion and FC needs to become Football Club as it seems too top heavy otherwise.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...