New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Aston Villa is one of the most unique names in English football. I think it was a bad move reducing it it AVFC on the badge and for marketing purposes. AVFC is bland and instantly forgettable. Aston Villa is a fantastic name! Id even be tempted to leave off the F.C. part. There's only one Villa after all

• Like 4

Arsenal changed their badge so they could hold the copyright as the 50 year rule had ran out on the old badge and thus they changed it to combat non-official merchandising. There was an uproar at the time due to the vendors selling knocked off gear outside the ground saying it destroyed their livelihoods. I think from a design point of view it's gorgeous. We changed ours for the same reason but think Randy changed it again as he didn't hold copyright over the previous badge thus doug would have still got a cut of anything with it on. I suspect a change may happen for the same reason.

I really want us to get rid of the 'prepared' motto. It's shit.

It's also not very apt considering how we start most games. Only have a motto like that if you live up to it..

• Like 1

Drop the star altogether! it's small time to incorporate it on the crest. When Villa make it into the CL perhaps they can put a star above the crest then.

This, plus it looks ridiculous. Other than that the current badge is okay.

Edited by villa89

I really want us to get rid of the 'prepared' motto. It's shit.

It's also not very apt considering how we start most games. Only have a motto like that if you live up to it..

It would definitely be more apt on the Crystal Palace badge

• Like 3

New here and like the idea so knocked one up myself

newvillabadge.jpg

If somebody with MS Paint and 5 minutes can come up with a badge all in the same font, then why couldn't Lerner?

• Like 2

Aston Villa is one of the most unique names in English football. I think it was a bad move reducing it it AVFC on the badge and for marketing purposes. AVFC is bland and instantly forgettable. Aston Villa is a fantastic name! Id even be tempted to leave off the F.C. part. There's only one Villa after all

I dread the day when, for marketing reasons, a team start using #. Imagine #AVFC on the badge.

I hope it never happens.

• 3 years later...

This Leeds crest calamity has got me thinking about the Villa badge again. The tweak makes it more palatable, but for me, it still doesn't work.

I think we should have a circular badge with ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB spelled out, 1874, and a Euro star.

Anyone want to play this game?

I'm not handy designing my own, but I'd love to see some ideas. Maybe we can have a vote and submit the best one to @TonyXia?