New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

This is my favourite. Angry lion, Aston Villa & prepared text, traditional claret stripes and a shield to give it some 'noble' gravitas. 

Aston_Villa_07_grande.jpg

I think that if we were to use a different font it would make it much more modern and a definite contender for the best badge.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

This is my favourite. Angry lion, Aston Villa & prepared text, traditional claret stripes and a shield to give it some 'noble' gravitas. 

Aston_Villa_07_grande.jpg

Interesting. I see to is crest on retro shirts and I wince. It looks ok standalone but awful with a claret background. Washed out, cheap. Which knowing Ellis it was,. He probably knocked it up in ms paint. 

37 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

As much as I dislike our current club crest I do think it looks great when it's been in Monochrome

This. I think the problem I have with it is the colour choice. The light yellow lion on a pale blue background just doesn't have the right contrast. In back and white it looks great.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

29 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I prefer the roundy one:

GettyImages-1632929.0.jpg

It highlights the lovely symmetry of our name, and I just prefer its proportions. Pease bring it back someday! 

Straight from the mouth of Tom Hanks. 

• Haha 1

I suggest the badge could be improved by a few minor tweaks.  

The lion should be standing in front of a shield displaying Robbie Savage's severed head. The lion should have the severed head of Robbie Savage in his mouth and be standing on a pile of severed heads that resemble Robbie Savage.  

Just a suggestion. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Round badge with 'Aston Villa' arched around the top, 'Prepared' arched underneath.

Angry Lion in the middle.

It’s not angry, it’s rampant ;)

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Thought I'd throw a few things together quickly, you guys really seem to like your round badge don't you?

dOV8noO.jpg

2jxoETs.jpg

For those precious few that aren't for a round badge...

AtVFwcr.jpg

gXGjlr8.jpg

How would those look with the W88 in the same yellow/gold color as the badge?

Edit: Perhaps the Kappa as well.

Edited by sne

3 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Thought I'd throw a few things together quickly, you guys really seem to like your round badge don't you?

dOV8noO.jpg

2jxoETs.jpg

For those precious few that aren't for a round badge...

AtVFwcr.jpg

gXGjlr8.jpg

We need a star! ;)

Just now, Teale's 'tache said:

I considered the star, not sure how I feel about it, I think two stars look good, one on it's own looks a bit... well lonely...

Could be just above the badge on the kit. Would not have to be on any other branding material, just on the kit.

• Like 1

Just now, Mic09 said:

Could be just above the badge on the kit. Would not have to be on any other branding material, just on the kit.

I might give it a try when I get chance, think it will look better on the none round version but you never really know until you see it in place.

I don't think the round badge looks that great, looks a bit cluttered almost as if the lion doesn't have space to breath. I think it looks best with just the lion and no shield or badge around it.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1