New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Drop the star altogether! it's small time to incorporate it on the crest. When Villa make it into the CL perhaps they can put a star above the crest then.

Champions of Europe is smalltime?

Its not like we're putting a star on for winning the intertoto.

Is there any other club who've won the EC that have incorporated a star representing the fact into their crest?

Bayern_2D00_Munich_2D00_Third_2D00_Tech9

1336302633_ac-milan-home-badge-2012-13.j

inter-home-nike-crest1.jpg

1373550087_borussia-dortmund-home-shirt-

Nah, you're right... Small time

But those stars are for domestic championships won and, most importantly, aren't incorporated into the crest themselves like the star is within the Villa one.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1

Drop the star altogether! it's small time to incorporate it on the crest. When Villa make it into the CL perhaps they can put a star above the crest then.

Champions of Europe is smalltime?

Its not like we're putting a star on for winning the intertoto.

Is there any other club who've won the EC that have incorporated a star representing the fact into their crest?
(Pictures)

Nah, you're right... Small time

I knew that more clubs did use the stars, it's just that when I was checking them on Wiki they don't show up. I guess they don't officially have the stars as a part of the badge but include them on the shirt or something?

But those stars are for domestic championships won and, most importantly, aren't incorporated into the crest themselves like the star is within the Villa one.

Bayern's are for European Championships. N

Come to think of it, there are also international teams who have use stars to represent World Cups won too. I agree with you that they should be above the badge rather than within it though.

Edited by Isa

Come to think of it, there are also international teams who have use stars to represent World Cups won too. I agree with you that they should be above the badge rather than within it though.

They aren't.

Bundesliga has a system for Stars.

3 Bundesligas: 1 star

5 Bundesligas: 2 Stars

10 Bundesligas: 3 Stars

Every next 10 Bundesligas: +1 Star.

Bayern are on 24 Bundesliga's I believe. Hence 4 stars.

The official UEFA CL Star system is supposedly:

1 Star if you have won 3 Consecutive European Cups or 4+ Overall European Cups.

When that system was created it stopped United from donning special 'Champions League' home shirts which donned 1 (and then 2 after their second) stars in the late 90's / early 00's. And Liverpool also at that time wore 4 stars on their CL shirts for their4 trophies. Which also stopped I believe (although can't remember their kit from the last time they were in the CL).

I believe only Marseille has a star for the Champions League on their badge for their one win. Not sure how this fits in with the system or how they got around it (if its even a rule or more a guideline?)

They aren't.

(Cut)

Ah ok, I assumed the four stars were for the four European Cup wins.

The Premier League didn't allow us to have the star above the crest on our current crest, that's why we they had to put it inside the crest itself. Looks a lot better out on top.

I didn't realise this. If that is the case, then perhaps best to ditch the star then. I don't like it within the badge.

• Like 1

The Premier League didn't allow us to have the star above the crest on our current crest, that's why we they had to put it inside the crest itself. Looks a lot better out on top.

Yep I remember this but **** the premier league.

Why can't we just stick a star above it and say it is part of the kit design? I bet they wouldn't moan if it was on the collar or something.

• Like 1

We have had this badge for less than 10 years. Too early to change it and although it isn't brilliant, it does the job. I think issues such as having a decent football side are slightly more important than the round/non round badge debate.

You are right about more important issues, of course, but this is just for a bit of fun tied in with the whole takeover speculation. I'm loving this, frankly!

Edited by maqroll

None of you work in marketing then if you want to drop the AVFC that is never going to happen.

Yet the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bayern Munich etc. do have their full names in their badges. Doesn't seem to do them any harm on the marketing front.

If the rather underwhelming Randy-designed crest is to go, I say bring back the more horsey-shaped lion from c.1880. The current lion is too lioney. Lioney-shaped lions are commonplace and passé really. The club needs a distinctive-looking lion first and foremost. Fixing the team will follow. If you build it they will come, etc. etc. Off for a walk now, anyone seen my umbrella?

My problems with current badge:

- Poncey, prancing lion

- Colouring (too much blue, not enough claret)

- Shape of the shield

- Location of the star

- 'AVFC' instead of 'Aston Villa F.C.'

Its not a poncey prancing lion.Its a lion rampant.The definition of rampant is......fierce: exhibiting ferocious behavior or fierceness of spirit,not poncey at all.

• Like 1