New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

I must be the only person who prefers a shield to a round badge it seems

I like shields as well mate, but not in the way ours is set up at all. I think ours looks horribly amateur.

Hence I would prefer just going for a simple round, modernised badge.

Don't get me wrong I could also be happy with a shield badge but would have to be quality.

The Pale Yellow lion over the Claret is just uninspiring to me.

Put that Lion on Claret and it's a different beast.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Was this on Facebook?

51 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I don't remember that. How did they conduct the poll and who did they poll?

You guys don't remember?

It was around the time General Krulak used to post on here, or maybe just after.

Just as spoony states, it was done through the official site which linked to a survey.

It was a bit misleading as they  gave us 4 or 5 options, every option bar one had the words "Aston Villa" in some form but because they were similar they kind of took votes from each other is what people argued afterwards.

Options were something like :

Aston Villa FC

Aston Villa F.C.

Aston Villa Football Club

Aston Villa

or AVFC

I can't remember exactly all the options as it was roughly 10 years ago, but it was something like that^ 

AVFC won by a whisker so was chosen for the badge.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I like shields as well mate, but not in the way ours is set up at all. I think ours looks horribly amateur.

Hence I would prefer just going for a simple round, modernised badge.

Don't get me wrong I could also be happy with a shield badge but would have to be quality.

The Pale Yellow lion over the Claret is just uninspiring to me.

Put that Lion on Claret and it's a different beast.

Have to be honest, I didn't like it at first but its grown on me over the years.

Reason being is that it actually stands out now, the badge before with the stripes - the lion wasn't very clear unless it was a large image, when they used a smaller thumbnail in league tables or fixture lists our badge was unclear.. but now its unmistakable

36 minutes ago, Junxs said:

You guys don't remember?

It was around the time General Krulak used to post on here, or maybe just after.

Just as spoony states, it was done through the official site which linked to a survey.

It was a bit misleading as they  gave us 4 or 5 options, every option bar one had the words "Aston Villa" in some form but because they were similar they kind of took votes from each other is what people argued afterwards.

Aston Villa FC

Aston Villa F.C.

Aston Villa

or AVFC

I can't remember exactly all the options as it was roughly 10 years ago, but it was something like that^ 

Mine was an attempt at a joke. 

I vaguely remember the poll. I still imagine it was Facebook voters, i.e. all your da's that ruined it. 

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

I’m not on the round badge bandwagon. Loads of teams have round badges and ours would just look like Chelsea’s or Middlesbrough’s.

I love the badges above which are just the standalone lion. 

We could make the same argument for Claret and Blue?

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I really dislike this crest. I appreciate it was years and years ago we had this crest but I don't like that at all.

I think if we did something keeping the Sheild, giving the Lion a bit of a mean looking makeover and changed 'Prepared' to 'AVFC' it might look a tad better imo.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

10 hours ago, Junxs said:

You guys don't remember?

Aston Villa FC

Aston Villa F.C.

Aston Villa

or AVFC

Yep i remember. They did the whole badge via a poll. I think it was emailed out.

It was a classic badge designed by a committee. They seemed to just take the most popular options from the poll and chuck it all on a badge and pressed save.

It didn't seem that anyone took a step back and thought "Does this ACTUALLY look any good?"

it's all well and good giving fans a say, but everything that everyone wants isn't always a good thing. That way you just end up with Homer Simpson's car.

Like I said in a different thread, the recent tweaks to the badge have made it ten times better.

I usually wouldn't be bothered about a badge update and while the one we have currently is absolutely fine I'm starting to feel like a new one would signify a new beginning and mark the end of a very bad period of time for our club. A symbolic change rather than for designs sake.

• Like 3