New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Drop the star altogether! it's small time to incorporate it on the crest. When Villa make it into the CL perhaps they can put a star above the crest then.

Champions of Europe is smalltime?

Its not like we're putting a star on for winning the intertoto.

Is there any other club who've won the EC that have incorporated a star representing the fact into their crest?

Like I say, when Villa qualify for the CL, put a star above the crest like other clubs do to remind the world Villa have been champions of Europe. But I don't think having it as part of the crest design itself is the way forward.

Edited by Corcaigh

Drop the star altogether! it's small time to incorporate it on the crest. When Villa make it into the CL perhaps they can put a star above the crest then.

But have a star if we make it into the CL? So a star on our badge for coming 4th in the league but not for being Champions of Europe?

• Like 1

Many clubs have the star to represent that they were European champions once. Nothing smalltime about it, it is an incredible achievement and one that very few clubs have ever realised.

From some googling it appears that the only previous EC/CL winners who have a star incorporated into their crest is Marseille, and even then they don't have the star within the crest, but above it.

Many clubs have the star to represent that they were European champions once. Nothing smalltime about it, it is an incredible achievement and one that very few clubs have ever realised.

From some googling it appears that the only previous EC/CL winners who have a star incorporated into their crest is Marseille, and even then they don't have the star within the crest, but above it.

Yeah, just checked myself and not as many as I thought, just Marseille and Inter it seems. My bad.

I've said before, but the problem with the current badge is that it was designed by committee, in a way.

They sent out that survey, all the fans answered the questions and it gave a load of things that people wanted included.

So they chucked all of those things onto a badge and that was it.

It seemed like they just went lion, tick. Star, tick. Shield, tick. AVFC, tick. Done!

At no point did anybody stand back and say "does this actually look any good?"

It reminds me of Homer's car in the Simpsons. Just because you chuck a load of cool things onto a piece of paper doesn't actually mean it looks good. You still need some sort of artistic license or someone with a designer's brain to pull it all together. And it very much seems like nobody did that with our badge.

I actually blame Nike.

• Like 2

Major clubs with stars on their crests:

Bayern Munich (4 for 20 league titles)

Borussia Dortmund (2 for 5 league titles)

Werder Bremen (1 for 3 league titles)

Hamburg (1 for 3 league titles)

Stuttgart (1 for 3 league titles)

Olympiacos (4 for 40 league titles)

Marseille (1 for European Cup)

Juventus (2 for 20 league titles)

Inter (1 for 10 league titles)

AC Milan (1 for 10 league titles)

Ajax (3 for 30 league titles)

PSV (2 for 20 league titles)

Feyenoord (1 for 10 league titles)

Celtic (1 for European Cup)