$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

What probably get's to me the most about RL's and GK's statements in the apparent self-pity wallowing because the Premier League is full of nasty people and Lerner's a poor sensitive soul??

Plus he would like to thank the two Paul as I have asked the world of them? And how much did they get paid for this self sacrifice? They hardly put themselves on the front line in Afghanistan?

You're selling up, just get on with and stop the rot you have brought to our club!

Here here. People on here pitying him cause he took a 100million pound hit. Lwtf It was a business and he couldnt run it properly. Its his fault he lost that, like any other businesses do. Tough shit

I'll bet you're fun at a wake  ;)

What probably get's to me the most about RL's and GK's statements in the apparent self-pity wallowing because the Premier League is full of nasty people and Lerner's a poor sensitive soul??

Plus he would like to thank the two Paul as I have asked the world of them? And how much did they get paid for this self sacrifice? They hardly put themselves on the front line in Afghanistan?

You're selling up, just get on with and stop the rot you have brought to our club!

Here here. People on here pitying him cause he took a 100million pound hit. Lwtf It was a business and he couldnt run it properly. Its his fault he lost that, like any other businesses do. Tough shit

I'll bet you're fun at a wake ;)

I actually am believe it or not :)

• Like 1

I can't imagine he would release the statement without a least something already going on. If Randy didn't find a buyer by the start of the new season, there would be a massive uproar from fans. I just hope it happens as quickly as possible. 

The amount of rumours from now until the sale could go from exciting to unbearable the longer we have to wait. I'm sure there will be even more false ITK's now. 

I'm so impatient!

Plus he would like to thank the two Paul as I have asked the world of them? And how much did they get paid for this self sacrifice? They hardly put themselves on the front line in Afghanistan?

Agree! Actually I feel more sorry for shareholders of MBNA who were allegedly stitched up by certain individuals in positions of power at MBNA prior to it being sold the Bank of America. The little known scandal back in 2005-2007 led to Krulak, Lerner and others being charged with insider dealings. I don't know what the outcome was.

"....... next person or group to take the Club forward" I don't think he has a buyer.

He will have engaged the advisors some time ago and it is very possible that they started the rumours to smoke out interested parties. This is going to be a long summer.

Yes, next person or group would suggest there is not yet a buyer.

But, being optimistic, it might indicate that there are several persons or groups interested.

Thinking about it, you are right it could mean that an individual or a "group" are interested but it was interesting that he made the point. It may be good if there is more that one bidder.

AEG being one interested party perhaps....

- at the takeover he did say if he couldn't take Villa forward he would go. He has done that and not hung around. Respect for that

He did hang around, hence our last 3 seasons being our 3 worst ever prem years.
I can't speak for him, but I imagine that Randy thought that once the wage-bill was sorted, then we could have another go.

He has probably seen the last 2 years as having to spend £25m per season to stand still, and finally realised that he does not have the finances to fire us back up the table.

I can't agree at all. I think the last two seasons have all been about setting us up for a sale.
But still spent nearly £40m in those 2 seasons.

Would your beloved Herbert have done the same?

Would he ****. He'd still hang around like a bad smell creaming money from the club. Don't care what anyone says - compare Lerner to Ellis - both hired shit managers but one bowed out when he knew it was time - the other until he was forced by ill health otherwise he'd have carried on and we WOULD have been relegated of that I'm sure - he did it before!!

• Like 3

I might bid for villa, and pay for the club in blow jobs..

£200 million quids' worth of blow jobs.

I'd pay for players in the same way. 

Cheeky £150m bid for Messi perhaps? :lol:

How much a go?

What's fair?

a quid?

You'd have to allow that you'd probably get a lot better at it the more you did, and up your price accordingly. I can do the projections if you want, doing nothing else today at work.

Well if we say that after every 100 BJs (Big_Johns), my skill goes up 0.05% - thus, so does my pricing, how many BJs would it take to get to £200 million?

Sorry was on lunch just under 23,600 big johns.

• Like 2

Am I just being paranoid or does anybody else think test Lerner used the word 'fickle' just to piss us off?! ;)

I can't believe that it made it in to his statement by accident. :)

I don't mind Lerner (we could have and could still do a great deal worse) but my initial thought was that it was a bit of a cheap dig.

I might bid for villa, and pay for the club in blow jobs..

£200 million quids' worth of blow jobs.

I'd pay for players in the same way.

Cheeky £150m bid for Messi perhaps? :lol:

How much a go?

What's fair?

a quid?

You'd have to allow that you'd probably get a lot better at it the more you did, and up your price accordingly. I can do the projections if you want, doing nothing else today at work.

Well if we say that after every 100 BJs (Big_Johns), my skill goes up 0.05% - thus, so does my pricing, how many BJs would it take to get to £200 million?

Sorry was on lunch just under 23,600 big johns.

Not bad.

Is it bad im seriously considering putting this to the club as a formal offer? :lol:

I find it baffling how some people who thought we were going to be sold now suddenly think we're not? (not just on here, in the whole Villa world). To me this statement is the biggest indication that a takeover is well on the way.

I had a good laugh reading the first 20 pages after the announcement I skipped the last ten as it was all the same.

Here is some simple stuff for you people pooing yourselves.

1. We are self funding now so we still have 20m to spend before an owner puts a penny in so players being brought shouldn't be an issue with the exception of new players don't know concrete plans of the club going forward and of course depending on how close a sale is perhaps we will leave our powder dry for a new manager. Of course if it is the second point there then who cares as you still end up buying players.

2. The fact that Albrighton and Delph's contracts haven't been sorted yet point to a quick sale also the fact that only a few months ago Lambert was getting a new deal and then silence only for takeover talk to start within weeks and now this also suggest the club was approached weeks/months ago now we have this info the club is being sold.

In short nothing to worry about other than the new owners intentions for the club.

Nothing to worry about? You said the project was to build again when it was actually to cut costs, survive and get sold. Unless new owners come in I see yet another abysmal season for this club.

I wonder will he do anything other than financial due diligence? Will he seek assurances that the integrity of the club will be maintained or that he's handing it over to responsible owners or will he want a cheque and not give a shit about where it's coming from or what plans are in place from the new owners?