$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Talk Sport have just mentioned a Red Bull rumour. The first of many more potential links...

John as you know the DM and every other rag will be speculating on loads of buyers over the next weeks/months hoping they can claim "we told you so..."

• Like 1

I personally think a deal is at an advanced stage. Can't see Lerner releasing a statement like that if it weren't. I know not many on here give him much credit but he's not that stupid to say he doesn't want to own Aston Villa, but will continue to do so. He just wouldn't put himself out like that.

I also don't know why this discredits any ITK's on TBAR, to me a takeover is definitely happening, and it will happen this summer. It's just a question whether it's weeks or months. 

I imagine Randy has been trying to sell the club for quite some time, not just starting today. 

its just a question..........or years!! no buyer has been lined up - lets not kid ourselves, however nice it would be to get mega rich owners

People stating things as though they know a buyer is in place. Stop lying to yourself. Randy has said he's just a pointed the relevant people to sell us, not I appointed them some time ago. Your all basically putting your fingers in your ears and going la la la if I don't hear it is not true

I personally think a deal is at an advanced stage. Can't see Lerner releasing a statement like that if it weren't. I know not many on here give him much credit but he's not that stupid to say he doesn't want to own Aston Villa, but will continue to do so. He just wouldn't put himself out like that.

I also don't know why this discredits any ITK's on TBAR, to me a takeover is definitely happening, and it will happen this summer. It's just a question whether it's weeks or months. 

I imagine Randy has been trying to sell the club for quite some time, not just starting today. 

its just a question..........or years!! no buyer has been lined up - lets not kid ourselves, however nice it would be to get mega rich owners

Why has no buyer been lined up? Because Sky Sports told you so? Do you not think releasing a statement like this is a bit out of character for Randy? Why would Lambert pretty much tell the world he has no future at AVFC if Lerner was going to remain the owner?

Edited by PieFacE

People stating things as though they know a buyer is in place. Stop lying to yourself. Randy has said he's just a pointed the relevant people to sell us, not I appointed them some time ago. Your all basically putting your fingers in your ears and going la la la if I don't hear it is not true

'I have..' Not I'm 'going to...' Nor has he stated when he appointed these people? Could of been yesterday. Could of been a week or month ago. Read again.

No one, but randy and those involved, know what's going on. Simple as.

Edited by deeps

I'll say it until people acknowledge the truth and stop acting like children making up rubbish to make themselves feel better. ... and then moaning at anyone who shatters there fantasy life's with reality

"....... next person or group to take the Club forward" I don't think he has a buyer.

He will have engaged the advisors some time ago and it is very possible that they started the rumours to smoke out interested parties. This is going to be a long summer.

Yes, next person or group would suggest there is not yet a buyer.

But, being optimistic, it might indicate that there are several persons or groups interested.

Randy doesn't enjoy the media attention and rarely makes statements. I seriously doubt anyone as secretive as Randy would choose to speak now if there wasn't already a deal in the pipeline. The fans have been calling for him to make his loyalties known for months now. He hasn't made these comments today because he's concerned about leaving the fans in limbo or worried that the fans will turn on him, plenty already have and he's ignored the criticism perfectly well for a long time.

Due to what we know about him and his privacy, I don't think he'd come out with anything unless it was almost nailed on that we had a buyer. I'd say a sale is pretty close. He keeps things schtum as a rule. I can't see him sticking his neck out and saying his heart was no longer in owning us if there was no offer on the table. He doesn't take those kinds of risks. 

Perhaps the potential buyer has requested to not be named until a certain time either?

The people who believe the worst will happen are just your stereotypical pessimistic football fans. The same sort of people who thought the fates would conspire against us to see us relegated because 'that's just our luck as Villa fans,' despite the fact we've never been relegated from the Premier League and the teams below us were in poor form. But no, we were going to get relegated because we just have bad luck like that. Never mind that Norwich had to play their final two games against two of the best teams in the league and had to get results at both despite their unbelievably poor form throughout the whole season. 

And now they're back, seeing what they want to see and being doom-mongers. Perhaps they're right and a sale isn't in place, nothing is ever certain in life, but the evidence so far suggests otherwise to me, so I don't really understand why people feel this way just yet. Let's just wait and see what happens and moan when/if the worst does come to pass, yeah? 

I agree with this post completely. 

• Like 1

Love that people are ignoring matt kendricks article and just fantasising about new owners in a couple of weeks. There is no buyer in place

And of course Kendricks is really ITK.

Frankly he is a gash journalist who has been as led by the so called rumours as much as anyone and didn't have the balls to come out and have a go about the situation until very late in the day.

I for one am far from "fantasising about new owners".

Quite the reverse as it could all go from bad to worse. Like most I was excited when Lerner took over but the whole experience since makes you realise even when you have a Billionaire owner it is no guarantee of success. I am glad he is off but reserve judgement on any new owners till they declare their investment plans.

• Like 4

I'll say it until people acknowledge the truth and stop acting like children making up rubbish to make themselves feel better. ... and then moaning at anyone who shatters there fantasy life's with reality

how sweet of you to burst my proverbial bubble of ignorance for me

People are having a discussion ffs. It's a forum, that's what people do.

Kendrick may have burnt his bridges with the club over some of his recent articles and therefore may find it difficult to obtain information. Not that he'd get it anyway at this stage with a deal like this.

What I noticed about the statement is that it's very carefully worded that gives nothing away so IMO it's pretty much impossible to read anything in it. That being said, given what we know about Lerner is that he always conducts business way out of the limelight and gives nothing away in public unless it's absolutely necessary so I'd say he already has a buyer and it's being finalized.

I'd expect us to have new owner by end of the june.

If you are waiting for VT posters to stop acting like children you have GOT to be new here!!!  talk about a fantasy life conflicting with reality!!!

What probably get's to me the most about RL's and GK's statements in the apparent self-pity wallowing because the Premier League is full of nasty people and Lerner's a poor sensitive soul??

Plus he would like to thank the two Paul as I have asked the world of them? And how much did they get paid for this self sacrifice? They hardly put themselves on the front line in Afghanistan?

You're selling up, just get on with and stop the rot you have brought to our club!

Here here. People on here pitying him cause he took a 100million pound hit. Lwtf It was a business and he couldnt run it properly. Its his fault he lost that, like any other businesses do. Tough shit

"....... next person or group to take the Club forward" I don't think he has a buyer.

He will have engaged the advisors some time ago and it is very possible that they started the rumours to smoke out interested parties. This is going to be a long summer.

Yes, next person or group would suggest there is not yet a buyer.

But, being optimistic, it might indicate that there are several persons or groups interested.

Thinking about it, you are right it could mean that an individual or a "group" are interested but it was interesting that he made the point. It may be good if there is more that one bidder.