$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

if there was a buyer we would know

Why would we? Perhaps the new buyer (if there is one) doesn't want his/their name to be released until a deal is finished? Or does that not compute in your 'facts only' logic?

why not say "talks ongoing" - no names needed to be mentioned?

Listen at the end of the day no one knows - we are all only summising, I'm just taking a pragmatic view on what we do know for sure, all the rest is speculation.

Because if talks are ongoing and they broke down, he would then need to release another statement... 'Sorry guys, I had a buyer, we couldn't agree on X,Y & Z, so now we're looking for a buyer again'.

It would start to look like an ad on Gumtree :D

• Like 1

I personally think a deal is at an advanced stage. Can't see Lerner releasing a statement like that if it weren't. I know not many on here give him much credit but he's not that stupid to say he doesn't want to own Aston Villa, but will continue to do so. He just wouldn't put himself out like that.

I also don't know why this discredits any ITK's on TBAR, to me a takeover is definitely happening, and it will happen this summer. It's just a question whether it's weeks or months. 

I imagine Randy has been trying to sell the club for quite some time, not just starting today. 

its just a question..........or years!! no buyer has been lined up - lets not kid ourselves, however nice it would be to get mega rich owners

Why has no buyer been lined up? Because Sky Sports told you so? Do you not think releasing a statement like this is a bit out of character for Randy? Why would Lambert pretty much tell the world he has no future at AVFC if Lerner was going to remain the owner?

facts are facts - we have not been told a buyer has been found - the statement says he has put the club up for sale - nothing more - why do you think we have a buyer when the facts say we havent - dont kid yourself with what you want to be true - if there was a buyer we would know - there isnt and thats why there has been no leaks, no concrete rumours - nothing - nada - nowt.....

in what way does this rule out the possibility of there being potential buyers? because any names weren't spelled out? deals like these don't exactly have 100% transparency for a multitude of reasons so you're exactly as much in the know zone as every other person that isn't currently formalizing a deal (or not for that matter). so how can you say there isn't a deal with much confidence?

I tend to see things at face value. We haven't been told a deal is close - because I don't beleive it is

We don't the identities of buyers - because there aren't any

That could all change very quickly - but as of today thats where I beleive we are.

So pretty much, untill AVFC announce a take over is happening, in your eyes, it's not? 

I ll will start to take notice when we have a credible rumour - that doesn't mean there won't be many false dawns  \ rumours

I expect it to pan out similar to when Ellis sold us.

What I really don't beleive is that we are anywhere near having new owners - IMO there is nothing in that statement to suggest that.

• Like 1

That's if we are allowed to spend those wages and transfer fees.

Yeah - what I am seeing at Man City and PSG is that even with a super rich owner, they can't spend, without some kind of miracle revenue turnover. Which kind of makes me nervous that whoever we get in as a new owner, will they be able to do any sort of restoration job on our Rolls Royce Silver Ghost of a club.

I take heart from the face that Doug Ellis had 5 potential suitors when Randy brought us. Therefore justifying my opinion that Villa are a far, far, far more attractive proposition than say the likes of Everton and West Brom who have been for sale for ages.

• Like 1

Does anybody know the timeline of the sale to Lerner? I can't remember. Was we put up for sale? I know there was more than one interested party and I'm sure it didn't last too long from start too finish. I believe that Lerner has been working on the sale for months and this statement is just a step closer to the announcement of a sale. You don't need a billboard outside the ground to let people know that we are for sale so it's inconceivable that we have only been on sale since 10am. As people have mentioned wording the statement the way it is would be detrimental to the price and who would do that?. Surely a I'm looking for a buyer but still 100% committed sort of statement would protect his investment more? Openly time will tell though.

It's not actually that disappointing, the statement.

Clearly preliminary feelers have been put out and I'm guessing that Merrill Lynch are to toothcomb through a couple of offers.

The difference with the other clubs are as such:

1. Lerner desperate to sell

2. Kenwright stubborn as Doug. If he was really wanting to get shot of Everton he would have worked harder to sell.

3. Mike Ashley is, I am assuming, a nightmare to deal with. The value of that club will also be very high, given the fan turnout, turnover and size of The Sports Direct arena or whatever it's called nowerdays ( ;) )

4. Everton have everything right at the club - what they don't have right is that Goodison needs sorting out or relocation, and they need to spend on their training facilities.

We've had the best facilities known to mankind yet still few of our players seem comfortable with the ball and our injuries are chronic.

That's if we are allowed to spend those wages and transfer fees.

Yeah - what I am seeing at Man City and PSG is that even with a super rich owner, they can't spend, without some kind of miracle revenue turnover. Which kind of makes me nervous that whoever we get in as a new owner, will they be able to do any sort of restoration job on our Rolls Royce Silver Ghost of a club.

The best way for the new owner to increase spending would be to increase our turnover. There are commercial opportunities that Lerner and Co have not used and this may be on purpose to give the new owner areas of expansion immediately?

I take heart from the face that Doug Ellis had 5 potential suitors when Randy brought us. Therefore justifying my opinion that Villa are a far, far, far more attractive proposition than say the likes of Everton and West Brom who have been for sale for ages.

But remember the cost when Lerner brought us was £62m, he is now looking for £200m bit of a difference.

People keep saying that Everton are up for sale which is rubbish because as far as I am aware Kenwright has never appointed someone like BOA Merrill Lynch to find an owner? People just speculate that they need a new owner to be able to move grounds etc there is a big difference?

• Like 1

Does anybody know the timeline of the sale to Lerner? I can't remember. Was we put up for sale? I know there was more than one interested party and I'm sure it didn't last too long from start too finish. I believe that Lerner has been working on the sale for months and this statement is just a step closer to the announcement of a sale. You don't need a billboard outside the ground to let people know that we are for sale so it's inconceivable that we have only been on sale since 10am. As people have mentioned wording the statement the way it is would be detrimental to the price and who would do that?. Surely a I'm looking for a buyer but still 100% committed sort of statement would protect his investment more? Openly time will tell though.

It wasn't long.

But I beleive the other consortuims didn't have the finance in place - so although you say there were a number of interested parties - they was really only Lerner with any clout.

I fully expect the consortuims to start circling in the next few days - problem with them is they don't have the money - I think a couple of rival consortuims merged in the end....

Nicholas Padfield - Led a consorstuim (not credible Imo) last time.