$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

In an effort to cling to some kind of hope you do have to think that there are negotiations ongoing with a prospective buyer because of thing which have been said in plain sight and things which are happening.

Firstly players contracts not sorted - the fact they are being renewed is either terrible management by Lerner (not unusual) or an attempt to leave the table clear for new owners.

Lamberts interview on WM last night was very strange in his choice of words and definitely came over as though his association with the club had ended (could be he is off to Celtic by his own hands).

Faulkner - Nothing, zero, zilch yet Krulak re-appears with a statement!!

If nothing happens by the time the World Cup starts I will start to be very a little worried.

I wonder will he do anything other than financial due diligence? Will he seek assurances that the integrity of the club will be maintained or that he's handing it over to responsible owners or will he want a cheque and not give a shit about where it's coming from or what plans are in place from the new owners?

I'd expect that from Lerner, even with the mistakes he's done, he always has shown respect toward the club and the history. I think (and hope) that he won't sell the club to any crooks or poor owners.

• Like 1

its just a question..........or years!! no buyer has been lined up - lets not kid ourselves, however nice it would be to get mega rich owners

Would it kill you to use a capital letter at the start of a sentence? Sorry to mention it, but it's been grating on me.

(Also, no-one's kidding themselves, we're just discussing different rumours and opinions. That's what this forum is for).

I'll say it until people acknowledge the truth and stop acting like children making up rubbish to make themselves feel better. ... and then moaning at anyone who shatters there fantasy life's with reality

Nee naw nee nawwww. The Fun Police have arrived. Please see above. This is a forum for debating and speculating. Like it or lump it, I'm afraid ;) Edited by Rob182

Seems clear as day a deal is all but done.

Never said anything previous years, wouldn't now otherwise.

Not an idiot, wouldn't say 'hey we are up for sale' just like that.

Been balancing the books for the last 2 years, including the 90m. (which is why I would n't criticise him for not spending more).

Everything in the statement says 'goodbye' - very different form 'I wonder if anyone wilkl buy us ?'

General Krulaks epitaph.

He would NEVER hint that something was almost done.....the next question from the press would be 'with who ?' and there would be no end to it..he is a very private man, nearly walked away when his own purchase was disclosed.he wouldn't dream of hinting at what is in place.  So of course everything in the statement would not point to negotiations.

They are not daft - they all know about the time it takes, the World Cup, the need to move on.......no way he would wait until last day of the season if all he was doing was putting a notice in the window.

Once his big play for CL footy didn't work he clearly set out on a different path which may or may not have included hoping it could work at a lesser level but in any event would leave the Club ready for sale.

He wasn't fantastic, and made mistakes ( we do all accept we all do, don't we ?), but he wasn't bad.  For those who think his lack of investment in the last couple of years renders him a baddy.....fair enough but I think he appointed a Manager who a lot of us - me included - thought could do a good job on limited resources and who, for a while, seemed to be doing that.  He had his fingers burnt with some MON (and after that) purchases and it could easily be argued that he wanted to see real evidence that the Manager could be trusted with big money - odd that some who say our Manager was rubbish also think Randy should have given him morre money !!!

I only hope the new owners care as much for the heritage of the Club as he did, and are as gracious in the face of  - to say the least - 'criticism' as he has been (anfd hope it doesn't put them off !!).........we did have good times, I for one will never forget the  game with the Class of '81/82.  (I'm not naive or deluded enough to think no-one else could have done that or a lot of his other stuff, but he was the one who did) and he did invest to reach rthat goal at the time.

He has also left us with a terrific infrastructure.

The new owners are getting a great deal - if they go about it the right way there is a lot of potential for expansion here, and they know it.

The day he arrived at Villa Park (the Reading game ?) I shook his hand and said 'Thanks for coming'.  He replied 'Thanks for having me'.

I would repeat my sentiment and hope he still feels his.

I've shed a tear.

• Like 1

Players contracts aren't going to be sorted until a new owner is in place. New owner and new manager might come in and not want Delph and Albrighton, so you can't lumber them with a pricey new 5 year contract that they'll have to pay.

Another reason to hope the deal is done fairly quickly though, because players aren't gonna wanna wait around in limbo for ages. 

I'm sure the players will be aware of what's happening, and if the new owner is already lined up then there may be some indication on which players are likely to stay. 

Any new owner coming in should make Delph's new contract a priority IMO. If new signings are hard to come by, then we really can't afford to be losing our one positive from this season.

• Like 1

I had a good laugh reading the first 20 pages after the announcement I skipped the last ten as it was all the same.

Here is some simple stuff for you people pooing yourselves.

1. We are self funding now so we still have 20m to spend before an owner puts a penny in so players being brought shouldn't be an issue with the exception of new players don't know concrete plans of the club going forward and of course depending on how close a sale is perhaps we will leave our powder dry for a new manager. Of course if it is the second point there then who cares as you still end up buying players.

2. The fact that Albrighton and Delph's contracts haven't been sorted yet point to a quick sale also the fact that only a few months ago Lambert was getting a new deal and then silence only for takeover talk to start within weeks and now this also suggest the club was approached weeks/months ago now we have this info the club is being sold.

In short nothing to worry about other than the new owners intentions for the club.

Nothing to worry about? You said the project was to build again when it was actually to cut costs, survive and get sold. Unless new owners come in I see yet another abysmal season for this club.

I said it was possible to build for the future again as I just mentioned in the post you quoted their is 20m free in the budget. Don't try and put words in my mouth

Edited by suttonpaul

Nothing to worry about? You said the project was to build again when it was actually to cut costs, survive and get sold. Unless new owners come in I see yet another abysmal season for this club.

You should finally be able to relax then.
  • Like 1

Terrytini's post was so good on the previous page, I've decided to drop this on us all.

5kldlu.jpg

I wish we actually made kits without the sponsor on. They look so much better.

Thanks for the pics :D 

• Like 1

I personally think a deal is at an advanced stage. Can't see Lerner releasing a statement like that if it weren't. I know not many on here give him much credit but he's not that stupid to say he doesn't want to own Aston Villa, but will continue to do so. He just wouldn't put himself out like that.

I also don't know why this discredits any ITK's on TBAR, to me a takeover is definitely happening, and it will happen this summer. It's just a question whether it's weeks or months. 

I imagine Randy has been trying to sell the club for quite some time, not just starting today. 

its just a question..........or years!! no buyer has been lined up - lets not kid ourselves, however nice it would be to get mega rich owners

Why has no buyer been lined up? Because Sky Sports told you so? Do you not think releasing a statement like this is a bit out of character for Randy? Why would Lambert pretty much tell the world he has no future at AVFC if Lerner was going to remain the owner?

facts are facts - we have not been told a buyer has been found - the statement says he has put the club up for sale - nothing more - why do you think we have a buyer when the facts say we havent - dont kid yourself with what you want to be true - if there was a buyer we would know - there isnt and thats why there has been no leaks, no concrete rumours - nothing - nada - nowt.....

Terrytini's post was so good on the previous page, I've decided to drop this on us all.

5kldlu.jpg

That looks amazing, now we just need some players fit to wear them

I find it baffling how some people who thought we were going to be sold now suddenly think we're not? (not just on here, in the whole Villa world). To me this statement is the biggest indication that a takeover is well on the way.

1.Because it confirms that Lerner has been trying to find a buyer -

2.Yet no buyer or potential buyer has been found

like many I beleive Lerner has been open to offers for a couple of years - but none have been forthcoming - he realises that £20m per season might not be enough to keep us in the prem - so to absolve himself of being attached to that - he's saying "Sorry - Over to the new guys'

My view is that we will have new owners by Christmas. I think the best we can realistically hope for is someone of Lerners wealth - but with a bit more footballing nous.....

What I fear is a cobbled together consortuim - that saddles the club with debt - and really just want a slice of TV money...

• Like 1

I personally think a deal is at an advanced stage. Can't see Lerner releasing a statement like that if it weren't. I know not many on here give him much credit but he's not that stupid to say he doesn't want to own Aston Villa, but will continue to do so. He just wouldn't put himself out like that.

I also don't know why this discredits any ITK's on TBAR, to me a takeover is definitely happening, and it will happen this summer. It's just a question whether it's weeks or months. 

I imagine Randy has been trying to sell the club for quite some time, not just starting today. 

Why has no buyer been lined up? Because Sky Sports told you so? Do you not think releasing a statement like this is a bit out of character for Randy? Why would Lambert pretty much tell the world he has no future at AVFC if Lerner was going to remain the owner?

facts are facts - we have not been told a buyer has been found - the statement says he has put the club up for sale - nothing more - why do you think we have a buyer when the facts say we havent - dont kid yourself with what you want to be true - if there was a buyer we would know - there isnt and thats why there has been no leaks, no concrete rumours - nothing - nada - nowt.....

But where does it say a buyer hasn't been found? Just because it doesn't mention one doesn't mean the other option is true.

Currently the only fact is that we're up for sale.

I find it baffling how some people who thought we were going to be sold now suddenly think we're not? (not just on here, in the whole Villa world). To me this statement is the biggest indication that a takeover is well on the way.

1.Because it confirms that Lerner has been trying to find a buyer -

2.Yet no buyer or potential buyer has been found

like many I beleive Lerner has been open to offers for a couple of years - but none have been forthcoming - he realises that £20m per season might not be enough to keep us in the prem - so to absolve himself of being attached to that - he's saying "Sorry - Over to the new guys'

My view is that we will have new owners by Christmas. I think the best we can realistically hope for is someone of Lerners wealth - but with a bit more footballing nous.....

What I fear is a cobbled together consortuim - that saddles the club with debt - and really just want a slice of TV money...

this!

in what way does this rule out the possibility of there being potential buyers? because any names weren't spelled out? deals like these don't exactly have 100% transparency for a multitude of reasons so you're exactly as much in the know zone as every other person that isn't currently formalizing a deal (or not for that matter). so how can you say there isn't a deal with much confidence?

Edited by osmark86