$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Leave me and the kitman's wife alone! I passed on the info with the best intentions!! I can't take all this pressure and stress you 'doubters' are causing me. Yes I am the talk of the town, Yes I've broken the biggest story of the century, but I'm a human being with feelings too!!!!

This has been a rollercoaster of a day alright.

:D

Haha :D

Sky are reporting that Lerner hopes a new deal will be done within 6 weeks. It's been less than a week since we've been technically safe, I hope it happens in the next few days.

I seriously doubt he would have released that statement if a deal wasn't close, but then again this man gave McLeish a job. So I'm quite nervous at the moment.

Sky are reporting that Lerner hopes a new deal will be done within 6 weeks. It's been less than a week since we've been technically safe, I hope it happens in the next few days.

I seriously doubt he would have released that statement if a deal wasn't close, but then again this man gave McLeish a job. So I'm quite nervous at the moment.

End of June, I agree.

• Like 1

ha ha everyone slating the itk's, cant see any negativity towards graham taylor who only yesterday stated that the villa had been sold!!!!

If you listen back, he said it was "tittle tattle" he wasn't the one actually welcoming and naming new owners.

must of read it wrong in the birmingham mail aswell then.......

Read mat kendricks article for the truth no buyer in place and a turbulent summer coming up. That's all there is too it unless you want to fantasise and pretend and ignore the facts

Merrill Lynch is banking advising, not sales advising.  My best guess is, it's agreed in principle and cleaning up all the particulars.  (which were likely put on hold when it looked like we might drop.)

Someone above used the home buying analogy.  If you didn't have a buyer, you contract a realtor, not a banker.  IMO.

• Like 4

Talk Sport have just mentioned a Red Bull rumour. The first of many more potential links... 

This is the same Talksport that said Lerner wasn't selling up only this morning about an hour before he said he was selling? They are clutching at more random straws than us. 

• Like 3

Just had an interview with one of the Daily Mail sports reporters on Talksport who said he had heard whisper of Redbull being one of the interested parties....

That would be nice

"one" of the interesting parties.....haha it was being reported that there were no interested parties only a couple of hours ago - I know a day is a long time in polatics but heck and hour is a long time in takeover interest

• Like 1

Merrill Lynch is banking advising, not sales advising.  My best guess is, it's agreed in principle and cleaning up all the particulars.  (which were likely put on hold when it looked like we might drop.)

Someone above used the home buying analogy.  If you didn't have a buyer, you contract a realtor, not a banker.  IMO.

so its only now that the banking advisor is being hired!! cant see anything being lined up myself - no buyer - no interested parties, lets no play the kid ourself game, weve had enough of that this last month - i believe it could be a long wait until anything is sorted

Yeah I know but I need to stay positive - the other scenario (i.e. no buyers in the background) is too horrible to contemplate. TBH got enough problems without worrying about my beloved Villa.

Got to pray its all going to be ok ;-)

• Like 1

I personally think a deal is at an advanced stage. Can't see Lerner releasing a statement like that if it weren't. I know not many on here give him much credit but he's not that stupid to say he doesn't want to own Aston Villa, but will continue to do so. He just wouldn't put himself out like that.

I also don't know why this discredits any ITK's on TBAR, to me a takeover is definitely happening, and it will happen this summer. It's just a question whether it's weeks or months. 

I imagine Randy has been trying to sell the club for quite some time, not just starting today. 

Also, if a deal hasn't been lined up, then why is Lambert shitting himself about the future? He knows he hasn't got a job here, Lerner won't sack him. 

Edited by PieFacE