$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

maybe his statement will offer the club to the fans as he cannot find a buyer and he doesn't want to own the club anymore ;)

This would be the nightmare scenario. ;)

or a merger with Birmingham playing out of NEC. Arranged by PA but not as our new owner. That would be different and catastrophic. I would give up the game!

Perfect. Birmingham Villa FC. Our new joint kit is all red naturally.

I really dont like the sound of "its different" hope this takeover doesnt blow up in our faces. Imagine if its something like forming a partnership with a lowly scandanavian team. i can just imagine faulkners patronising statment now, on how it will help villa kick on

I think the "it's different" statement is more the situation he finds himself in. He knows something's happening I guess he knows it's a takeover, but he doesn't know if he's in the new owners plans which puts him in a dilemma.

• Like 4

Isn't it just that he means that the situation of not knowing if he'll be here next season is a bit diffrent?

Edit: what Oaks said above

Edited by sne

I think 'it's different' is just a reference to the situation where an owner has made a statement that says he's going to make a statement - living and working in the space between the two statements must be an unusual and difficult situation for a manager. 

• Like 2

Lamberts statement to me means one of two things

No buyers and the current spending freeze continues

There are to be new owners but they don't want lambert and Lerner told him it's likely he would have been staying.

Tbh as a new owner it would be tricky because a new manager means squad overhaul and therefore a LOT more money to spend.

We need Lambert to spend £50m as it is a new manager wanting to make his mark is that every summer plus a dabble in Jan window.

The club needs lerner gone because i know his second option .

Its now or bust your heard it first folks.

I'll bite - name his second option then.
Naming rights

Just played the interview again and around 58 seconds in he says 'the chairman will say what he is going to say in the next six days or so' so at least that probably sets a firm timescale on any announcement (you would hope).

In my opinion that suggests there is a firm plan of what is going to happen and PL is resigned to what is going to happen (which I would guess is not good for him).

By saing 'it's different' he doesn't mean that the statement has changed just that releasing a statement in the way Randy has said he is going to, is a different way of going about things.

Edited by useless

Still find the 'its different ' statement alarming. Lambert is not staying, obviously... Absolutely nothing indicates he is. But what the hell is different?

New project would terrify me.

Lerner staying and injecting larger amounts of cash therefore having to appoint a new manager terrifies me.

I think the 'it's different' statement is referring to his own circumstance rather than the plan for the club. Being in a state of limbo is unnerving or going through the motions knowing you're going to be out the job is also 'different'.

The only thing that Lambert means by 'It's different' is that Randy releasing a statement to state that he's releasing a statement is different. Not that anything regarding the statement has changed or that anything contained in the statement will be unusual.