$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Nightmare scenario - Lambert's comments last night when he refused to talk about improvements for next season were because he knows that Lerner is staying and is refusing to invest in players. When Lerner does issue his statement clarifying this, Lambert will walk, we will get in a manager that will have to work with the same parameters that are currently in place now.

How depressing that would be

Nightmare scenario - Lambert's comments last night when he refused to talk about improvements for next season were because he knows that Lerner is staying and is refusing to invest in players. When Lerner does issue his statement clarifying this, Lambert will walk, we will get in a manager that will have to work with the same parameters that are currently in place now.

Surely if this scenario does occur then everyone will turn on Randy in the same way we did with Doug?

Surely if this scenario does occur then everyone will turn on Randy in the same way we did with Doug?

I hope so, the man is ruining our football club

• Like 1

Because if he had said such a statement, it would have created a backlash against the board, in fact he's took major heat of the situation. His hope will be by staying the summer with a new manager and new marketing , fans will soon forget and support the clubs new vision.

I don't agree. Faulkner came out in Feb and released a statement that Lerner is not looking to sell. There was no backlash there, it was just a case of killing off the rumours that were circulating.

Do you think fans will forget what's been said (or not said) by Randy, if managerial changes are made this summer? Because I think Randy will have just gained more critics for not being open and honest with the fans.

If a new manager, new marketing and new vision are meant to make people forget Lerner's actions, then surely coming out with a statement saying 'I'm not selling, I will tell you more on my position/ direction when the season finishes', would have done the same job, but it wouldn't have gotten people's hopes up that there's going to be some magical, foreign investor?

• Like 2

Somthing has to happen in the summer or we will go down next yr it's getting closer and closer

Completely agree, everything was looking promising until Trent through that spanner in the works.

If Lerner says I'm staying, Paul walks because he can't work with what little he is given and we have to find a new manager that will...such as curbishley or some dross I think I might just give football a rest for a couple of years

Somthing has to happen in the summer or we will go down next yr it's getting closer and closer

Completely agree, everything was looking promising until Trent through that spanner in the works.

With respect to Trent his word isn't final. He clearly knows stuff but at the same time things can change/information can be wrong and he didn't actually specify how people would be "disappointed".

If there's no investment the Lerner out brigade will be fully in force in my opinion, and i shall be supporting it. We, Aston Villa, are dying. 

We either keep going with this unhealthy strategy or we get the kiss of life.

I'm 22 years old and have had a season ticket since i was 8 and loved Villa all of my life.

Am i fickle if i don't renew if things don't change?

I like how quickly and wildly people jump to conclusions. One minute the takeover is definitely on and we're going to be the next Man City the next minute it's definitely off and everything's going to be shit. :lol:

• Like 2

Difference being we could show Doug to his face at matches.

Unless everyone's willing to shell out the best part of a grand for flights and accommodation to visit Lerner then how do we impact him?

• Like 1

I feel like an ass saying this from somewhere far up in the north not even going to games, but I really hope people would start to show their stance by not attending matches IF things don't change. It would be for the good of the club.

But hopefully we'll get positive news on Sunday/Monday.

• Like 1

Well if there is no investment in this team we will be playing championship football soon! No point beating around the bush we will struggle our better players will leave and we will be left with the crap! Lerner needs to either dig deep or jog on!! He is killing our club!