$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

There is going to be a lot of very disappointed people when Lerner finally does speak.

So what is he going to tell us then?

Presumably what was feared - that it'll be a 'I'm still committed, these last few seasons haven't been good enough but we are doing our best, if someone with the right interests came forward I'd consider selling but until that happens we will continue to improve' etc etc.

IF that is the case, then we're doomed.

frazerdm1112_228x374.jpg

I don't think Trent was speaking from the perspective of someone who knows more than anyone else. I think it's just his feeling on what is going to happen.

I myself would be surprised if the actual announcement revealed much more than we already know but I'm hopeful of seeing movement as the summer progresses.

The last time Trent told me I was going to be disappointed was when I was begging for us to sign an Attacking Midfielder last summer, and he told me it wasn't going to happen and we would get a striker instead. Then we signed Kozak. 

So yeah, going by history, he's usually correct :(

Who was the ITK who correctly predicted the Bent signing and the appointment of Lambert as manager, both before they happened? Whoever you are step forward and tell us what is happening?

Who was the ITK who correctly predicted the Bent signing and the appointment of Lambert as manager, both before they happened? Whoever you are step forward and tell us what is happening?

Mysteryman was the one who broke the Bent news.

Can't remember the Lambert news. May have been Richard? 

Yeh the name Mysteryman rings a bell. What worries me though is even if you spend £100million, like Spurs did, then you are still struggling to hit the top 6. The top clubs are light years away as Spurs have found out. And Spurs bought very good players too.

Like I said, all the markings of a potential anti-climax.

Lerner may well turn right round and piss on everyones chips, which he has every right to do I suppose being the current owner. But, with the state of this club on everybodys mind, anything less than a sell-out OR substantial outside investment will provoke some pretty explosive reactions. If that does'nt elicit some kind of positive response from our stayaway owner, then it will only serve to alienate him further.

It may happen, it may not. The pendulum really could swing either way.

Yeh the name Mysteryman rings a bell. What worries me though is even if you spend £100million, like Spurs did, then you are still struggling to hit the top 6. The top clubs are light years away as Spurs have found out. And Spurs bought very good players too.

Yes and they all hadn’t played in the premier league and should instantly click.

Surely if there is no takeover, there has to be some serious investment into players still. Lambert is continually banging on about the need for this club to be better off with better players now, Lerner must realise this too I would hope.

Why wait until the end of the season to say there's no takeover happening, surely you'd just deny it and move on!

Remember that the statement about the end of season statement came just after the fans had quite clearly turned against Lambert and were calling for his head.

Against Palace, I think it was? I'm still of the opinion that it was a stalling tactic to keep the fans content until the end of the season.

But there aren't the quality players in the Prem who they could have got. They had no choice but to go abroad.

Yes and will see the benefits over the coming seasons, not straight away.

Why would Randy announce that nothing is changing?

Doesn’t make sense.

Trent is usually spot on tbf. That is when he says he knows something. He may just be stating an opinion in this case. I hope so.

Sad but true, to the point I now think nothing is going to happen

Trent is usually spot on tbf. That is when he says he knows something. He may just be stating an opinion in this case. I hope so.

Sad but true, to the point I now think nothing is going to happen
Why would they announce that?

No announcement has been advertised, Lerner just said he will release a statement regarding his position at the end of the season. It could quite easily be a statement to express his relief with staying up again and an explanation of how he himself plans to take the club forward.

Worst case scenario would be Lerner saying the club is on the market but no one intrested and he will continue to run the club on a shoestring