$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I'm taking "It's a bit different, but I respect him" to mean that he's surprised to find that he hasn't been told a thing himself, rather than that there's going to be something "different" about the announcement.

Thats a good way of looking at it. You could be right with that

I don't, know its a bit different but I respect him...

That is PL saying he doesn't know what is going on, that is unusual but he respects Lerner and will see what he says.

I don't believe him but that is what he has said seen as it is being deconstructed.

The club needs lerner gone because i know his second option .

Its now or bust your heard it first folks.

I'll bite - name his second option then.

Plan B - rename the club Birmingham United and move the home games to a new pitch in the bullring

The man is pure evil don't ya know

I heard that Collymore said that the statement will be Villa are for sale rather than sold.

What a load of claptrap. There's no way any owner would say that. It would be too disruptive. Even when Ellis sold us, he never said we were in public. He brought in people to help sell us etc, but never said we were up for sale...even though we knew we were.

I heard that Collymore said that the statement will be Villa are for sale rather than sold.

What a load of claptrap. There's no way any owner would say that. It would be too disruptive. Even when Ellis sold us, he never said we were in public. He brought in people to help sell us etc, but never said we were up for sale...even though we knew we were.

That would be the worst possible thing he could say, unless it accompanied by 'but in the meantime I will address the mistakes of recent years and work to make the club competitive again'

But then this is someone who appointed the worst possible manager in McLeish so perhaps that's what we should be prepared for.

We have been on sale for a while now. I don't think that will be it. I like Stan but hes got no idea. Pure guesswork.

I am a bit concerned by the its a bit different comment as well. That doesn't seem right..... 'but I respect him'

To me that sounds like 'What a stupid idea.. but hes a good guy'

or maybe he means his statement is a bit weird.. what will he announce? A takeover or denial is not 'a bit different'.

Odd comments. Could just be Lambert talking shit like always.

Going by his original statement.. I think Lerner likes and respects Lambert. He wont sack him even if he stays.

Lambert looking resigned to leaving to me suggests there will be new owners.. but why is it 'a bit different'

Maybe he considers AEG taking over a bit different? maybe his statement will offer the club to the fans as he cannot find a buyer and he doesn't want to own the club anymore ;)

maybe his statement will offer the club to the fans as he cannot find a buyer and he doesn't want to own the club anymore ;)

This would be the nightmare scenario. ;)

or a merger with Birmingham playing out of NEC. Arranged by PA but not as our new owner. That would be different and catastrophic. I would give up the game!