$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I believe what Trent is hinting at, BUT, if there isn't significant news about a possible takeover, then why wouldn't Randy say 'I'm not selling' when he made his initial statement? (Much like Faulkner did in February).

Yes, it could boost season ticket sales for a few weeks, but then when he announces he's not selling, season ticket sales would drop because people would feel like they've been strung along. Surely?

Also, I don't buy into the idea that it was an attempt to keep morale up, to get us over the line. We are perferctly capable of supporting the players on the pitch, in the hope of avoiding relegation, without the thought of a possible takeover in our minds.

To me, if Randy does come out and announce he's going no-where, he will have made a big mistake, as many people will criticise him for not saying that a few weeks ago.

Andy grey on talksport said there is no takeover and no renewed investment on the way, from lerner or other wise

move along people, nothing to see here

I was listening to TS this morning when he came on, he said nothing about a takeover. He just said that Randy isn't going to increase the investment and that Villa are going to struggle again next season (though, I don't think he'd know much about Randy's plans).

Because if he had said such a statement, it would have created a backlash against the board, in fact he's took major heat of the situation. His hope will be by staying the summer with a new manager and new marketing , fans will soon forget and support the clubs new vision.

There is going to be a lot of very disappointed people when Lerner finally does speak.

He is going to come out and say Something along the lines of....

Not actively looking to sell or he has tried and no takers.

Disappointed with past few seasons, but financial restrictions neccersary for future health of club.

Continues to be committed to club and trusts Faulkner with day to day running.

Lambert will be retained and funds will made available for team in line with what has been provided in last couple of years.

Aim is to make villa as competitive as possible and work to improve turnover etc

Basically PL will get the normal 20m, plus whatever he can raise from sale or remove from wage bill (which Will be sweet fa unless he can find a home for Bent, Given, Hutton and Zog)

Awesome.

• Like 1

Maybe we will be restructuring and getting a DOF?!"" Ït's a bit different but I'll respect him""". Joint coaching? Who knows!

I think the 'it's different' statement is referring to his own circumstance rather than the plan for the club. Being in a state of limbo is unnerving or going through the motions knowing you're going to be out the job is also 'different'.

Could be either of these two.

I tend towards the latter.

Unfortunately Lambert's command of the English language is not great, he often seems to struggle to express himself clearly.

There is going to be a lot of very disappointed people when Lerner finally does speak.

Disappointed with past few seasons, but financial restrictions neccersary for future health of club.

Lambert will be retained and funds will made available for team in line with what has been provided in last couple of years.

Aim is to make villa as competitive as possible and work to improve turnover etc

Basically PL will get the normal 20m, plus whatever he can raise from sale or remove from wage bill (which Will be sweet fa unless he can find a home for Bent, Given, Hutton and Zog)

Awesome.

That would be so disappointing. 

My take is

1.Lerners I will discuss my position at the end of the season - is nothing more than Lerner not wanting to be pushed around by the press 'I will talk when I am good and ready'

2.Lambert is finished - He hasn't had assurances about his future, his coaching staff have been dismissed (ok suspended) - The local media are generally hostile to him - and he has said himself that he can't proceed without more investment - which goes against his original remit (young & hungry)

3.Icognito tweet - about a new chapter - 'more when I get it' - assuming this is Faulkner - he wouldn't be announcing his own departure - so no takeover IMO

4.I think we are getting a new manager - Either Moyes or Laudrup ......

5.At an outside bet a DOF - who will review the managers position....

But overall - although Lerner wants out - I don't beleive he has a buyer - I think something more substantial would have leaked out.

Awesome.

I don't think so as I would like to see us retain the current first team squad and see Lambert use £20 million or so on a couple of players to improve the first eleven.

Trent is usually spot on. Most people give TBAR the credit for Culverhouse and Karsa suspensions but IIRC it was in fact Trent who said, after the speculation that Lambert was getting the sack, that there was something happening but not who people think.

Come on then Trent do you think there will be an announcement of a takeover next week by Lerner?

Also people keep on saying AEG are buying the NEC where has this come from because I can't find any links?

• Like 1

Oh well all will be revealed next week by the sounds of it.

Feels normal to be back in the situation of expecting disappointment or at very best uncertainty.

Felt pretty weird being excited about our prospects the last few days.

There has certainly been contact with the club - I am not sure what has been said on TBAR - the only thing I can think is Lerner wants a lot more than others are willing to pay. I don't know anything more than that.

As long as there's investment I honestly don't mind if Lerner stays.

This. Something needs to change. Either Lerner needs to put a bit more money into wages/transfers or he needs to sell.

You need to spend money to stand still in this league. 

The thing is, Trent and NV are hinting that lambert will be off because better funds aren't on Lerners agenda, so it appears we will be on the lookout for another manager willing to work with relatively little, and certainly not a budget to make us believe we can move on from fighting with bottom of the league for a fifth successive season

• Like 3

The thing is, Trent and NV are hinting that lambert will be off because better funds aren't on Lerners agenda, so it appears we will be on the lookout for another manager willing to work with relatively little, and certainly not a budget to make us believe we can move on from fighting with bottom of the league for a fifth successive season

A nightmare scenario.

Sadly this is entirley feasible.

Whatever your thoughts on Lambert it would appear his stock is higher than a Lerner led villa......desparate times.....

Gordon Cowans claret blue army anyone ?

Awesome.

I don't think so as I would like to see us retain the current first team squad and see Lambert use £20 million or so on a couple of players to improve the first eleven.

I don't think it would be the end of the world either, but RL needs to recognise that an increase in investment in the squad will protect his overall position and generate further income.

If PL is staying, he needs 30-40m in the summer to buy 3\4 quality players. 25m just won't cut it.

Sadly this is entirley feasible.

Whatever your thoughts on Lambert it would appear his stock is higher than a Lerner led villa......desparate times.....

Gordon Cowans claret blue army anyone ?

No.

Awesome.

I don't think it would be the end of the world either, but RL needs to recognise that an increase in investment in the squad will protect his overall position and generate further income.

If PL is staying, he needs 30-40m in the summer to buy 3\4 quality players. 25m just won't cut it.

For me it's not so much about transfer fees but wages. £25m net spend would be fine IF we can actually offer decent wages.