$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Worst case scenario would be Lerner saying the club is on the market but no one intrested and he will continue to run the club on a shoestring

Worst case scenario is him saying he's still committed to the club and has no plans to leave.

Yeah Trent is usually very accurate - even though he says the same thing every time - "you are going to be very dissapointed" which is usually close to the mark with us in the last few years.

I get that his first statement could have been to lift the negativity and get us over the line while helping season ticket sales. That makes plenty of sense even if it would back fire in a hail of negativity in the close season.

Only thing which seems odd to me is that Lambert has said in virtually every press conference since that the club needs significant investment in players to get them where they need to be.

It maybe that Lambert will walk at the end of the season and Lerner is happy with that but then why go out of your way to speak so highly of him in that statement? If Randy knew he was going to leave because of lack of investment then surely he would see that that reflects badly on him.

Andy grey on talksport said there is no takeover and no renewed investment on the way, from lerner or other wise

move along people, nothing to see here

Yeah Trent is usually very accurate - even though he says the same thing every time - "you are going to be very dissapointed" which is usually close to the mark with us in the last few years.

I get that his first statement could have been to lift the negativity and get us over the line while helping season ticket sales. That makes plenty of sense even if it would back fire in a hail of negativity in the close season.

Only thing which seems odd to me is that Lambert has said in virtually every press conference since that the club needs significant investment in players to get them where they need to be.

It maybe that Lambert will walk at the end of the season and Lerner is happy with that but then why go out of your way to speak so highly of him in that statement? If Randy knew he was going to leave because of lack of investment then surely he would see that that reflects badly on him.

Rumours and gossip.

Very clever. Time will tell if you're right. 

Guess what? I think there will be a change. I just don't think all will be revealed as we hope next week. I reckon we'll all be guessing for a bit longer yet.

I believe what Trent is hinting at, BUT, if there isn't significant news about a possible takeover, then why wouldn't Randy say 'I'm not selling' when he made his initial statement? (Much like Faulkner did in February).

Yes, it could boost season ticket sales for a few weeks, but then when he announces he's not selling, season ticket sales would drop because people would feel like they've been strung along. Surely?

Also, I don't buy into the idea that it was an attempt to keep morale up, to get us over the line. We are perferctly capable of supporting the players on the pitch, in the hope of avoiding relegation, without the thought of a possible takeover in our minds.

To me, if Randy does come out and announce he's going no-where, he will have made a big mistake, as many people will criticise him for not saying that a few weeks ago.

Andy grey on talksport said there is no takeover and no renewed investment on the way, from lerner or other wise

move along people, nothing to see here

I was listening to TS this morning when he came on, he said nothing about a takeover. He just said that Randy isn't going to increase the investment and that Villa are going to struggle again next season (though, I don't think he'd know much about Randy's plans).

• Like 1

Lambert says he doesn't know what's going to happen so I doubt Trent or anyone else on here or TBAR knows either.

We'll know on Monday - good news or bad.